Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Im Fuming with Sky...

This is a discussion on Im Fuming with Sky... within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I Cant beleive whats happened to me.. It all started about a month ago when i failed to pay my ...

willymagic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Im Fuming with Sky...

I Cant beleive whats happened to me..

It all started about a month ago when i failed to pay my bill on time, i have the full sky tv package, mid broadband and sky talk with sky line rental which i moved over from bt about 6 months ago.. anyway i failed to pay my bill on time and had left it a few weeks before paying the bill, by the time i had paid my bill sky had restricted all my services so i couldnt use sky + and the premium channels, i also couldnt use broadband or sky talk, fair enough until i paid my bill.. well when i rang up to pay the bill the nice sky man said my sky tv will be back on straight away as will your broadband but your sky talk will take 3 days, no worries i thought. Sky was back straight away but broadband still wasnt working.

In the morning i got a letter (6th jan) from sky to say that my broadband and sky talk were cancelled by sky on the 28th dec, nice of them to tell me a week later, anyway i rang up and they said broadband was cancelled and i would have to wait 30 days to get re connected again at a charge of 30, i was mad about this as i never cancelled, they said my sky talk was ok though. i thought yeah thats because i have a 12 month contract!.. well after waiting two weeks to get broadband again i checked my phone line and i couldnt ring out or in, when i rang sky up they said infact sky talk had been cancelled and there was nothing they could do i would have to ring bt as they couldnt help. i was mad, when i rang bt they said sky had cancelled my phone line at the exchange and would need an engineer to fix it at a cost of 130.. the best bit is to go back to bt i would need a credit check which i have a bad report so wont be able to get one, im foooooooked!!

all i want is the broadband, cant believe sky have done this without telling me.... im that mad im thinking of cancelling sky altagether!

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Im Fuming with Sky...

That's the problem when you don't pay your bill, without Sky TV you cannot have Sky Talk or Sky BB so once the TV goes, so does everything else.

It then takes time to clear the line down so it can then be provisioned again.

Bottom line is, if you cannot pay the bill, either reduce the package or cut the strings all together and get freeview/freesat and find another supplier for the BB and phone.

Not sure why you are so annoyed at Sky, you did start the ball rolling.

willymagic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

im annoyed cos had a i known they would cancel my broadband and sky talk and all the hassle this has caused i would have got the money to pay the bill somehow, besides only being two weeks late to pay the bill should not result in cancelation as i have been with sky for years, some loyalty! getting a letter on the 6th jan telling me it will be canceled on the 28th december is bang out of order in my eyes..

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I am pretty sure BT have a 0 connection fee at the moment until 30th January, as for the credit check, I think if you put a deposit down you should be OK

I am pleased to announce that the 0 connection offer has been extended on BT until the 31st January!

Customers could save up to 122.50 on connection
      Although then it says this,

If your home has had a telephone service from BT in the recent past, and the wiring and socket is undamaged and the line still has a dial tone, it's likely you won't need to pay this charge. But where there's no suitable BT line available in your property, no dial tone on the line, or if you have been disconnected for non-payment in the past, the standard connection charge will apply.
      http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...?topicId=25497
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

canvey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

on moneysavingexpert.com they talk about a free line connection from BT as an option.