Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Results 1 to 8 of 8

    How do I tell when Sky Talk has been activated?

    This is a discussion on How do I tell when Sky Talk has been activated? within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I recently signed up for Sky Talk Unlimited for calls. (I'm keeping my BT Line Rental). I was told in ...

    1. #1
      ToeKnee's Avatar
      ToeKnee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Andover
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Posts
      100
      Thanks
      4
      Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

      How do I tell when Sky Talk has been activated?

      I recently signed up for Sky Talk Unlimited for calls. (I'm keeping my BT Line Rental).

      I was told in a letter that it should be activated today (13 January).

      How do I tell when it has actually been activated.

      I need to re-program my Orchid LCR dialler once I have been switched over.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #2
      Andy17's Avatar
      Andy17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodhouse (SLWD)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fiber Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Posts
      1,373
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: How do I tell when Sky Talk has been activated?

      Quote Originally Posted by ToeKnee View Post
      I recently signed up for Sky Talk Unlimited for calls. (I'm keeping my BT Line Rental).

      I was told in a letter that it should be activated today (13 January).

      How do I tell when it has actually been activated.

      I need to re-program my Orchid LCR dialler once I have been switched over.
      Login to my sky on the sky website and it will appear on your list of services.

    4. #3
      rhonddapaul's Avatar
      rhonddapaul is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      South Wales Valleys, UK
      Posts
      77
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: How do I tell when Sky Talk has been activated?

      Dial 150 from your landline and if it's Sky Talk, you'll go through to a Sky menu. If you connect to BT, you know it's not changed yet

    5. #4
      ToeKnee's Avatar
      ToeKnee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Andover
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Posts
      100
      Thanks
      4
      Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

      Re: How do I tell when Sky Talk has been activated?

      Quote Originally Posted by rhonddapaul View Post
      Dial 150 from your landline and if it's Sky Talk, you'll go through to a Sky menu. If you connect to BT, you know it's not changed yet
      Does this work if you have kept your line rental with BT or only if you have transferred completely to Sky's network?

      I still get a "Welcome to BT" message after dialling 150.

      Quote Originally Posted by Andy17 View Post
      Login to my sky on the sky website and it will appear on your list of services.
      Sky Talk has appeared in my list of services since I first ordered it, long before it was due to be activated.

    6. #5
      rhonddapaul's Avatar
      rhonddapaul is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      South Wales Valleys, UK
      Posts
      77
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: How do I tell when Sky Talk has been activated?

      When I first transferred to Sky Talk from BT, when dialling 150 I got the Sky Menu... and no change when I went onto Sky's own network. It doesn't sound like you're with Sky yet. There was also a slightly different tone when transferring to Sky - actually sounded a better line than with BT.

      Another way is to do a BT Line Test - dial 17070 from your phone. If you're with Sky Talk, someone will say 'Hi, I'm Zoe...." in an accent you can't forget.

      If when dialling 17070 you get a BT Message... then you know. Hope this helps.

      Another way is to go to the BT website and start a Fault Report. If when you enter your number, it says the number isn't recognised, this may indicate you have gone onto Sky Talk - or you could call them (but with the experience I've had with Sky lately, they'll prob say you're with Sky when you're not!)

    7. #6
      RST's Avatar
      RST
      RST is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      78
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: How do I tell when Sky Talk has been activated?

      But it's only the calls tariff, not the line being switched over rhonddapaul so 150 will still divert to BT. If you do not trust the letter, log into your account through sky.com to confirm.

    8. #7
      Heinz's Avatar
      Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Essex
      Posts
      300
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: How do I tell when Sky Talk has been activated?

      You might try turning Charge Advice on. That'll give you an immediate callback after any call which goes via BT.

      The only other way I can think of is to check your BT 'Recent Calls' list online. When a call is NOT there, it must have gone via Sky Talk.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

    9. #8
      ToeKnee's Avatar
      ToeKnee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Andover
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Posts
      100
      Thanks
      4
      Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

      Re: How do I tell when Sky Talk has been activated?

      Quote Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
      You might try turning Charge Advice on. That'll give you an immediate callback after any call which goes via BT.

      The only other way I can think of is to check your BT 'Recent Calls' list online. When a call is NOT there, it must have gone via Sky Talk.

      The last calls listed in my BT recent calls list are 12 January, which is the day before I was due to be switched over, so I guess that I must now have my calls on Sky Talk.

      Quote Originally Posted by rhonddapaul View Post
      When I first transferred to Sky Talk from BT, when dialling 150 I got the Sky Menu... and no change when I went onto Sky's own network. It doesn't sound like you're with Sky yet. There was also a slightly different tone when transferring to Sky - actually sounded a better line than with BT.

      Another way is to do a BT Line Test - dial 17070 from your phone. If you're with Sky Talk, someone will say 'Hi, I'm Zoe...." in an accent you can't forget.

      If when dialling 17070 you get a BT Message... then you know. Hope this helps.

      Another way is to go to the BT website and start a Fault Report. If when you enter your number, it says the number isn't recognised, this may indicate you have gone onto Sky Talk - or you could call them (but with the experience I've had with Sky lately, they'll prob say you're with Sky when you're not!)
      Dialling 150 or 17070 connect me to BT. As I still have line rental with BT, this is to be expected. Sky use the BT Wholesale network for people on the calls only package.

      I guess that you must have your line rental with Sky and therefore be on Sky's SVBN network.

      As far as BT are concerned I am on the "Unlimited Weekend Plan" but have no billable calls with them. I guess that this means that I will soon have to start paying for Caller Display, as I have heard that dialling 1280 to make a call billable by BT Retail doesn't work.

      It's a shame that Sky don't allow you to view recent (unbilled) calls on MySky.
      It must be technically possible, as other override providers such as 18185 and 1899 provide this information.

     

     

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2020. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION