Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Talk cancelled by Sky

This is a discussion on Sky Talk cancelled by Sky within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello I am with Sky since June this year, full packages. Beginning of November I received a phone call from ...

Laurencius is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Talk cancelled by Sky

Hello
      I am with Sky since June this year, full packages.
      Beginning of November I received a phone call from Sky that me Sky Talk configuration is not correct and Sky cannot charge me for any calls, i.e. 0845 etc.). Therefore Sky would have to cancel my Sky talk and will then set it up again with the a correct configuration. The service would not be interrupted.
      I received a letter end of November in which Sky informed me regarding the Sky Talk cancellation. I rang them up and told them what happened. Sky told me not to worry I will still stay with Sky Talk, the service will continue without any interruptions.
      On New Years Eve I tried to call some friends. Every time I tried to make a call I hear 2 tunes and "The number you have dialled has not been recognised". Calling Sky support I was told I have cancelled my Sky Talk and they have now switched the service off. I had to call fro my mobile and requested a call back within an hour. No call from Sky so I called them and requested to talk with a manager. An argument on the phone with him but no change he said I have cancelled and Sky cannot reverse it. He told me to go to another provider rent a line there and then come back to Sky.

Is there anyone who something like this did happen too?

I have to go now to an other phone provider and I am thinking of cancelling also my broadband.

Regards

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Sky Talk cancelled by Sky

The fact that Sky sent you a letter and now that they have cut you off going back on what the letter said is a big no-no.

It's best if you contact the ombudsman at

Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman - Home

and a moan at ofcom as well could be useful.

Also you need to write and/or fax customer relations now, it's best if everything is now done in writing.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Laurencius is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Re: Sky Talk cancelled by Sky

Hello Undecided Adrian
      Thank you for replying. I will take a look at the otelo page.
      I think it will be difficult because Sky has not recorded/notes of the the first call when they told me about the misconfiguration.
      Actually the manager said there is nothing in the records and we did not call you. You rung us after Sky has sent the letter and I would have confirmed.

To get telephone I have contacted another provider and they will install it until the 6.01. We need telephone and so I had to react soon.

I will try it with otelo.

Thx again.
      Last edited by Laurencius; 02-01-10 at 01:26 PM.