Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Do override providers still work with SkyTalk?

This is a discussion on Do override providers still work with SkyTalk? within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I recently received an email offering 6 months free Sky Talk Unlimited. After that its 5 a month. As my ...

ToeKnee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Andover
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Thanks

Do override providers still work with SkyTalk?

I recently received an email offering 6 months free Sky Talk Unlimited. After that its 5 a month.
      As my Sky broadband will be going up by 5 a month in January if I don't have Sky Talk, the offer is tempting.

One thing that puts me off is the high cost of calls to mobiles and 0845 numbers with Sky Talk. There is also a 9p connection fee with Sky Talk.

Currently I use 18185 or 1899 for calls to mobiles and BT for 0845 numbers.

I have read several threads in this Forum, but there seem to be conflicting reports of whether or not you can dial an override code such as 18185, 1899 or 1280 with Sky Talk to get cheaper call from another provider.

Do these override prefixes still work?

Do they work whether or not you switch your line rental to Sky?

Currently I get free caller display with BT, but that is dependent on me making at lease 2 chargeable calls with BT a month, so I would need to be able to use the 1280 prefix.

I know that I could get free caller display and voicemail with Sky if I switched line rental to them, but there seem to be a lot of reports of problems in this forum with their network, so I am tempted to keep my line rental with BT.

Do Sky block access to any other call providers (e.g. PhoneCheap, 0844 calls etc.) that use an 0871 number?

As the offer ends 23 December, I would appreciate a definitive answer A.S.A.P.

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      1-Eye is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Do override providers still work with SkyTalk?

As far as i know you can not use override prefixes with sky talk.....
      but you can use alt numbers i.e

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers