Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cannot make outgoing calls

This is a discussion on Cannot make outgoing calls within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, First of all what a great forum this is! Maybe I`m being really thick here but here is the ...

gf1
      gf1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Cannot make outgoing calls

Hi,

First of all what a great forum this is!

Maybe I`m being really thick here but here is the problem I`m having.

Sky talk installed this week, line is fine and connected and I can receive incoming calls and get a dialling tone etc.

I have a cordless phone which I have connected which receives calls but cannot make outgoing.

I borrowed a friends BT branded cordless phone and can make outgoing calls on it.

Thinking my old phone is broken I went out and bought a new phone and have the same problem. I read through the manual etc set them up correctly but still have the same problem.

Messages I get are such as unable to connect, unrecognised number, even though I get the dialling tone and can receive calls!.

Most confusing, can anyone help?

Thanks

G

2. Advertisement
      haysi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01639
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Cannot make outgoing calls

Are you still having the problem or is it now sorted?

I am having the same problem now. I can dial out and hear the person on the other end but a conversation couldn't be made. Is this an handset problem?

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Cannot make outgoing calls

Quote Originally Posted by haysi View Post
      Are you still having the problem or is it now sorted?

I am having the same problem now. I can dial out and hear the person on the other end but a conversation couldn't be made. Is this an handset problem?
      It could be, yes, but one way transmission can be caused by numerous things. Try the following:

- Unplug all the equipment from all your telephone sockets and plug your handset directly into the master socket with no equipment but the phone (no filters etc.). Make a test call and see if it's resolved.
      - If not, take the handset to a neighbour's or someone's house that you can test it at. Make a test call there; if it's the same problem there, then it's a handset issue.

On the other hand, if you've confirmed that the handset is fine, then try the handset direct at the test socket (assuming you have one, check the link below for details). Again, make a test call from the test socket.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/view-master.html

- If it is resolved from the test socket, then your internal wiring is the issue.
      - If you're still getting the same issue from the test socket, then call Sky as it needs looked into further.