Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Utterly fed up with sky talk

This is a discussion on Utterly fed up with sky talk within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Until last october I was with sky talk for my phone package, then in oct I cancelled it as we ...

thompsk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Utterly fed up with sky talk

Until last october I was with sky talk for my phone package, then in oct I cancelled it as we went to a broadband / phone package with virgin - fine not a problem ! or so I thought.
      In nov we were charged for calls ok that must be the oct calls.
      In dec we were charged ? even though we are now with virgin, same again in jan 09 now.
      feb and march no charges then we get a letter from virgin saying sorry your leaving and a letter from sky saying your service will be active from xx date, we didnt reorder this ? phoned sky and were told no problem we'll cancel this but we'll charge you for calls.
      april and may were still on sky talk and hadnt been cancelled.
      june we changed to bt and are still on bt and we are paying bt for calls and have the proof our calls are with bt and bt have confirmed this yet in august and sept we get a bill from sky talk again saying we are using their service when clearly we are not. complained to sky and got email back saying oh sorry have the next 6 months sky tv at half price as compensation and I confirm that all sky talk has been now removed from your package and you will no longer see sky talk on your bill.
      yesterday i get my bill and guess what ? a charge from effing sky talk ! well guess what sky if you are reading this then you aint getting paid for it and ill see you in court !
      anyone else had this problem with sky talk ?
      me thinks a stern email to jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com is in order to see if he can get it sorted once and for all, so far sky have robbed me of 44.53 for calls they have charged me for on their network that I havent made.

2. Advertisement
      draculasdaughter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Utterly fed up with sky talk

Go to the small claims court. It is surprising how quick sky can sort things out when they've got a court summons against them

matt07 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: plympton sunny devon
      Broadband ISP: 6 mixes +sports
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I too changed from sky talk to virgin and have the same problems.

They have credited my account back and told me my sky talk account has been removed.

Checked online and it still shows I have sky talk.If I get billed again next month I will leave and join virgin for tv as well.Really starting to annoy me now.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt07 View Post
      I too changed from sky talk to virgin and have the same problems.

They have credited my account back and told me my sky talk account has been removed.

Checked online and it still shows I have sky talk.If I get billed again next month I will leave and join virgin for tv as well.Really starting to annoy me now.
      In a strange way im happy knowing its not just me, well today I started my money claim on line got it all registered etc now im just going to wait to see if my email to jeremy will do anything if not then ill see them in court !

Thats exactly what has been going on with me Matt07 except they haven't credited me !

Exchange:
      Thanks

Update, I have just had a call from customer relations on phone number 08000512592, they have assured me that it was an IT problem and that IT had now completely remove Sky Talk from my account, as a result of further problems ive had another two months half price Sky had been added to my account so ive now got eight months half price rental, we'll see what happens next month...my bill should only be a tenner !