Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Re: Moving House - Line Problems

This is a discussion on Re: Moving House - Line Problems within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Would like to address the moving home dept.. I'm one of the unlucky few that cannot get their service moved ...

andysgirl1107 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Would like to address the moving home dept.. I'm one of the unlucky few that cannot get their service moved and sky tells me it will take 60 days plus before they can move me, connect me etc.They were only too helpful moving my tv service but no landline, no broadband etc. The customer services phoned me last week and told me to look for another provider because they could not promise to move my service for another 60 days due to techinical errors. My landline and BB are still connected at previous address and sky says they cannot migrate the service. We have racked up 16.5 hours on hold for the moving home dept. since 30 July and written 2 letters to sky customer sevices as well as skyissues@hotmail.com. There has been no reply to anything at all. I couldn't beleive a sky rep would tell me to find another provider since they had no clue when they would ever be able to move my sky talk unlimited or broadband services. This is a nightmare and wish someone could help. They call me every Monday or Tuesday to let me know they have escalated my complaint but it will still take 60 days plus to move the service. This week they didn't call. I phoned ofcom and they told me if sky cannot provide the service after 8 weeks of notification by recorded delivery mail, that we are breaking our contract and we can do so with no penalties. What does it take to move your service? Has anyone complained to Watchdog or the people at working lunch? I think surely sky doesn't want to lose customers but the customer relations rep. told me that they have millions of customers and losing a few won't matter. I am hoping it was one of those calls that was being recorded, you know, for quality purposes? Especially when she told me to find another provider for phone and broadband because they couldn't move me due to technical issues. I mean no stress here, right? You try to get another provider, but since sky has the line, other providers can't take over line and since the bb is not connected yet, we can#t get a MAC code either in order to go to another provider. If anybody out there can help, it would be so appreciated. This also may be in the wrong forum so feel free to move it to the appropriate one. Thanks!

2. Advertisement
      newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky do not have a hotmail address.

Do you really think that Sky would use hotmail when they give each customer a sky.com e-mail address?

Look through the posts for compaints and you will find an e-mail address and phone number for customer escalations.
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

sky-hater is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

read the whole post, 2 letters to sky and also to hotmail address

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Would it not be easier to cancel everything and then start again under another name so a whole new account?

Have you tried ringing BT and seeing if they can supply you with a phoneline? Then you can put any ISP you like on it.