Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Here we go , troubles ahead ?

This is a discussion on Here we go , troubles ahead ? within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am with Sky for line rental and broadband and I've used a MAC to switch to O2 broadband on ...

WayneM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Here we go , troubles ahead ?

I am with Sky for line rental and broadband and I've used a MAC to switch to O2 broadband on 15/09/2009 and also put an order in to BT to switch line rental which was planned for 16/09/2009.

I've now had an email fom BT saying the line will switch on 28/09/2009 and I will have a new telephone number.

Is this likely to cause problems with my broadband as I've signed up with the old number ?

P.s. I was due to be changed onto the Sky Voice and broadband network on 11/09/2009 but I called to opt out of the change , I wonder if they have changed me over anyway and BT have now decided to give me a new line as the old one is now on Sky's network ?

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Here we go , troubles ahead ?

Yep you need to tell O2 the number is changing as the BB will go on the wrong connection at the exchange.

Thanks

I called O2 and they said to wait and see what happens on the 28th but if the number was changed they could sort out the broadband within 24 hours.

It was too late to call BT so I sent an email in and they have replied saying that the switchover has been put back to the 28th but I'll keep my current number so everything should be ok.

Thanks

What a load of ******** BT told me.

The switch was done yesterday and I now have a new number although the broadband has worked ok before and after the number change ,even when my landline was dead for a few hours last night while the change was taking place.

BT said there wouldn't be any loss of service so I guess they got that one wrong as well.

To top it all off I had a message from BT's SMS service today saying an order had been placed for a new number and that would be completed on 2nd Oct so that would've meant me having 3 different phone numbers within a week.

I called them about the new (3rd ) number and they said they've cancelled the order and I'll keep the one I have now ( 2nd number ).

I hope that's the end of it now and I stick with this number , I've emailed O2 just to let them know about the change although it's working fine, just got to give the number to friends and family now.

Thanks

No incoming calls today , the ******** have changed the number again even though they promised me the order was stopped.

Anybody who ever moans about Sky customer services should give BT a call , they'd soon stop moaning about Sky, when I emailed BT saying the line had gone dead on the day of change I had a call from India the next day asking me if the phone was working - the number they were speaking to me on ????