Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No incoming calls since upgrade

This is a discussion on No incoming calls since upgrade within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I got my upgrade to the new Sky Talk stuff on tuesday (cant remember what its called now, but they ...

jock23 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southport
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

No incoming calls since upgrade

I got my upgrade to the new Sky Talk stuff on tuesday (cant remember what its called now, but they tell me its with data and voice calls coming down the same line).

Since then I have not been able to recieve any incoming calls to my home phone, and my broadband speed has dropped from 12mb to about 7mb (considering they said it would be going up after the upgrade).

Has anyone else heard of this problem? I phoned sky on wednesday and they checked the line etc and said nothing was wrong, but they would be looking into it. Its now Friday pm and I haven't heard back from them, starting to get very annoying.

Reckon I might start talking about getting some stuff free for my inconvience, don't see why I should have to wait on hold for 20 mins to get through to someone about a problem they should be dealing with!!!

2. Advertisement
      Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Re: No incoming calls since upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by jock23 View Post
      I got my upgrade to the new Sky Talk stuff on tuesday (cant remember what its called now, but they tell me its with data and voice calls coming down the same line).

Since then I have not been able to recieve any incoming calls to my home phone, and my broadband speed has dropped from 12mb to about 7mb (considering they said it would be going up after the upgrade).

Has anyone else heard of this problem? I phoned sky on wednesday and they checked the line etc and said nothing was wrong, but they would be looking into it. Its now Friday pm and I haven't heard back from them, starting to get very annoying.
      Do you realise what you've said there?
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

jock23 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southport
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

yeah very funny. I gave them my mobile number to call me back on, i aint stupid

demonweb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01698
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

seen this on their site though so it makes sense excpet my 20 mins has lasted 2 days now!

Will my Sky Talk or Sky Broadband service be disrupted during the transfer?

Yes but not for long! For approximately 5 minutes you will have no dial tone, then for 20 minutes you will be unable to receive incoming calls. There will also be a short loss of connection on your broadband service. We will try to transfer you at night to minimise any inconvenience to you.

They also advised the broadband speed will fluctuatre for a while but should return to higher speed

Mr Zippy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDFAV
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks