Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving home.....please help!

This is a discussion on Moving home.....please help! within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Im obviously with sky talk and am moving home this week. We currently rent and will be moving to another ...

tambourine55 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Moving home.....please help!

Im obviously with sky talk and am moving home this week. We currently rent and will be moving to another rental property. In our contract with our current letting agency it says to leave the existing phone number with the property. My first call to sky seemed to go so smoothly..the guy asked me if I needed a new number when i moved which with I replied yes. They said they would post me a letter confirming the changes and my new number. Two weeks have passed and nothing..therefore I called again only to hear that it has not been noted down that we need a new number! I cant understand why it is so difficult especially as at our new home the phone line is active!! For some reason, the moving home department at Sky cannot get their heads around this and keep wanting to transfer our current number with us which we cant do! I am at my wits end and as the moving home department conveniently (or not so!!) closes at 8pm every night I always seem to run out of time on the phone to sky as im never put through to the correct department!!!! Has anybody else encountered this problem...please help!

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Moving home.....please help!

tambourine55
      Hi you could ring Sky Customer Relations Telephone number 02077053000 explain everything to them they are very helpful

sky-hater is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Moving home.....please help!

very helpful........dont make me laugh. moved house at end of august, took almost 20 hours on hold to get a line moving date from them. line still live at old house and im still waiting for my phone and broadband to be connected here. not happy. muppets