Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Talk Mixup

This is a discussion on Sky Talk Mixup within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I share a flat large flat with 4 other students and last month we bought a full Sky+ HD ...

Ainz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Talk Mixup

Hi,

I share a flat large flat with 4 other students and last month we bought a full Sky+ HD package with Sky Talk and Sky Broadband. Everything went smoothly (though painfully slowly) till about today when I was almost accused of lying by the Customer Service representatives of Sky. On Thursday (23rd July) we had an appointment for the Sky talk engineer to come and fix the line. He came and installed it... said it will be active in 2 hours... 4 hours later a customer service person told me it can take upto 5 working days... today... one of them said that the engineer never came to our place as their system shows that the engineer found our place locked... called us and got no response and so there was no installation!!!!

No amount of reasoning was enough to convince that lady that the guy called... he came and installed the line! Now we have been given a 'second' appointment! Which is another week away! And broadband probably another week after that!

This is bizarre and totally confusing! I really don't know what to expect from them anymore! Has anyone had a similar experience? Who can I talk to if the helpline is not willing to believe that I do have a line installed and it was done on the appointment date during the appointment time by a person sent by them!

2. Advertisement
      Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Re: Sky Talk Mixup

A classic case of a Caller Centre 'agent' using the, "The computer says ...." approach and being unable* to deviate from it.

* Includes lacking the training, lacking the intelligence and lacking basic common sense.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.