Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Anyone who could help me please!

This is a discussion on Anyone who could help me please! within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I'm at the end of my tether (no pun intended, a tether .. a line .. get it? .. nope? ...

JmeSaunders is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Will be Sky ... when they hurry up
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Anyone who could help me please!

I'm at the end of my tether (no pun intended, a tether .. a line .. get it? .. nope? fine!).

I've been on this website a few times and seen how helpful you all are, and could now do with some asstiance and maybe a councillor lol.

I ordered Sky+ HD and Talk (and I was going to order broadband once my phone line was activated) .. seems simple enough .. WRONG.

Sky installed the TV the day we moved .. yay :-D. Because I was a new customer Sky said I could go with line rental with them from the off, which was fantastic. Only a day before I put a order in for BT. I phoned up BT and cancelled their line rental and sigh .. this is where BT also messed things up. A week ago, BT sent me a bill saying "YOU OWE US MONEY" so .. I went on their live chat (instead of phoning) and they apologised and cancelled and said I would receive a final bill of 0.00 (the best bill I will ever get) .. however that still hasn't come through.

I E-mailed sky after "My Sky Order Tracking" the woman e-mailed me back and wrote "
      As per our records I can see that you have ordered Sky Talk Freetime package with Sky Talk line rental. Also you have an offer of free line rental with Sky+ HD for 12 months. I would like to tell you that your telephone line installation will be done on any of the 3 dates-16/07/09, 17/07/09 or 20/07/09 and I appreciate your patience for the same."
      So all is well, beside I didn't get a letter from Sky to talk about my new phone line .. but didn't seem a problem to me.

And I went onto My Sky today and I found this
      You have cancelled your order, and we are processing your request. If you believe this is incorrect, please call Sky Customer Services on 08442 410 499.
      and

Your Sky Talk order has now been cancelled. If you believe this is incorrect, please call Sky Customer Services on 08442 410 499.

I just don't know what to do! It's starting to get to the point of upsetting me, because of the annoyance, what should I do next? I can't phone them because I only have access to a mobile.

Thank You .. if you can help!

2. Advertisement
      pete22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Coventry
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Anyone who could help me please!

Quote Originally Posted by JmeSaunders View Post
      I'm at the end of my tether (no pun intended, a tether .. a line .. get it? .. nope? fine!).

I've been on this website a few times and seen how helpful you all are, and could now do with some asstiance and maybe a councillor lol.

I ordered Sky+ HD and Talk (and I was going to order broadband once my phone line was activated) .. seems simple enough .. WRONG.

Sky installed the TV the day we moved .. yay :-D. Because I was a new customer Sky said I could go with line rental with them from the off, which was fantastic. Only a day before I put a order in for BT. I phoned up BT and cancelled their line rental and sigh .. this is where BT also messed things up. A week ago, BT sent me a bill saying "YOU OWE US MONEY" so .. I went on their live chat (instead of phoning) and they apologised and cancelled and said I would receive a final bill of 0.00 (the best bill I will ever get) .. however that still hasn't come through.

I E-mailed sky after "My Sky Order Tracking" the woman e-mailed me back and wrote "

So all is well, beside I didn't get a letter from Sky to talk about my new phone line .. but didn't seem a problem to me.

And I went onto My Sky today and I found this

and

I just don't know what to do! It's starting to get to the point of upsetting me, because of the annoyance, what should I do next? I can't phone them because I only have access to a mobile.

Thank You .. if you can help!

Seems you have access to the internet so:

Go to "My Sky" again.

Click on "Sky Help Centre".

Where it says "Useful Links (in Green), click on "Contact Sky".

On that page you should find email links in addition to telephone numbers.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well I e-mailed them, but last time I e-mailed them it took them 6 days to get back to me, and also .. I can't phone them because I only have access to mobile broadband, and a mobile phone.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Could you not just go and use a phone box if you are worried about your mobile bill or don't have a friend/neighbour you could ask.

I'm not sure what you expect Sky to do if you don't/won't contact them. It seems that BT may have advised Sky incorrectly that the order for the line was cancelled as it is actually BT who would have done the install on Sky's request.

You really need to do as they advise and contasct them on the telephone number given.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Just moved into the area, and I live in an estate .. the next phone box is in the town centre.

I've vaguely sorted most of the problem now, cost me 10 to sort out though.

scoop is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEBDT
      Router: DGND3700 V2
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Similar problems encountered here when I tried to upgrade my freetime to unlimited. I found that during one of my many many many calls to sky to try and change over that one of there opratives had cancelled my whole sky talk by mistake! I recieved the You have cancelled your order, and we are processing your request. If you believe this is incorrect, please call Sky Customer Services on 08442 410 499. Rang and they said nothing they could do even though it was there fault!!
      Also got the letter to say what benefits I would loose out on!

I emailed several depts via sky website help to say how disgusted i was and rang up a number that was posted on this site for customer service. They sorted it within a few days and all is fine again with 84 credit applied to my bill as way of an apology. Im still on sky talk freetime though and im warry of ringing up to try and change it again as i dont want to go through the hassel again.

So my advice keep ringing and keep emailing your disgust and horror, they will contact you and give you a dedicated advisor who will keep you posted of whats happening.

Im so sorry you are having to go through it too but keep plugging at them.

Regards
      Scoop

neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JmeSaunders View Post
      I can't phone them because I only have access to mobile broadband, and a mobile phone.
      You can always explain this and so get them to phone you back.

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcl View Post
      You can always explain this and so get them to phone you back.
      But it's a minimum of 20 minutes on a premium rate number to get to talk to anyone to ask for that!

And then they won't ring back!
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Thanks

It's not a premium rate number!

They will also refund the call cost if you ask.

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      It's not a premium rate number!

They will also refund the call cost if you ask.
      It costs more than it costs to call a standard (01, 02 or 03) number.

Hence, one has to pay a premium to call it.

Hence, it's a premium rate number.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.