Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Talk Problem

This is a discussion on Sky Talk Problem within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am just wondering if someone can give me some advice, or if anyone has had the same sort of ...

Unimpressed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Talk Problem

I am just wondering if someone can give me some advice, or if anyone has had the same sort of experience I have had dealing with Sky since I first joined.

I signed up for the tv, phone and broaband. I had previously been on cable. I advised them that I would need a phone socket installed and paid the 25 they charged for it.

My first appointment was cancelled because they didnt have the direct debit details. That ****** me off first of all, as wether they had the details or not, I had paid for the service already.

my next appointment was scheduled for 14th may, so I took 3 days unpaid leave to make sure I was at home for this appointment as I had no phoneline because of switching over to sky, I cancelled my virgin number. No engineer showed up.

My next appoint was for friday just gone or monday or tuesday and once again took 3 days unpaid leave off for the appointment. Again, another no show.

In between this I have been emailing sky and complaining like hell to get this resolved, but it takes them 1 WEEK to reply to an email. Hardly what you would call an efficient service.

I have today emailed James Murdoch on James.Murdoch@bskyb.com in another attempt to get this rectified, though I fear it is going to fall on deaf ears just like all my other complaints have had.

does anyone know what I should do? or who or where to call? to keep calling from a payphone on an 08442 number is costing me a fortune, so far I would estimate roughly about 50 in the past 3 weeks alone.

2. Advertisement
      sdd
      sdd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Talk Problem

Hi I do not know if you have tried Customer relation on 02077053000 when you get through ask the receptionist to put you through to Customer Relations I have found them excellent at resolving all Sky issues plus you will get a call back to see if the issue was resolved this should help.

This was put on another thread by Steve16751 i would give it ago you have nothing to loose Good Luck hope all works out for you.

Nobody is Perfect.....I am Nobody....Therefore I am Perfect

pete22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Coventry
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sdd View Post
      Hi I do not know if you have tried Customer relation on 02077053000 when you get through ask the receptionist to put you through to Customer Relations I have found them excellent at resolving all Sky issues plus you will get a call back to see if the issue was resolved this should help.

This was put on another thread by Steve16751 i would give it ago you have nothing to loose Good Luck hope all works out for you.
      02077053000 - speaking to the receptionist at the other end of this number today, she tells me that they are no longer able to transfer your call to Customer Relations

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

pete22
      Hi did you ring at the weekend as they do not work Saturdays and Sundays. The receptionist would have put you through at the weekend if someone was available Monday to Friday and you should have no problem. Here is the locations first head office which has the telephone number

pete22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Coventry
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Thanks steve16751. Apologies for a duplicate post....

I'd always phoned them on a Saturday, and they always phoned me back on a Saturday, so I had assumed they would be there.

Also listening to the recording of this mornings call, the receptionist exact words are:

"We no longer can transfer calls to Customer Relations, you need to do it via Customer Services. [on 08442414141]"

Phoned the 02077053000 number twice to double check this.
      Last edited by pete22; 04-07-09 at 07:44 PM.