Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky is the worst company in the uk!

This is a discussion on sky is the worst company in the uk! within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; after years of subscribing to sky, and regulary getting over charged, i took the stupid move of migrating my telephone ...

paigntonlad is offline Banned
      Exchange: paignton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

sky is the worst company in the uk!

after years of subscribing to sky, and regulary getting over charged, i took the stupid move of migrating my telephone and broadband from BT to sky.
      boy what a mistake!!

29th January 2009 im told sky now controls my phone line, and that broadband was activated... o great i thought... except no router had arrived...
      30th January, i pick up the phone to make a call, line was dead!
      so i have the pleasure, yet again, of telephoning the wonderful world of sky!
      40 minutes of music later a voice from india says hello.. I explain the problem slowly and clearly, stating that i had 2 problems. 1- my router had not arrived in the post, 2- i had no dial tone from my phone.
      the lovely lady then said, you dont have a picture on your tv is that the problem?
      so i ask to be diverted to scotland!.. about 10mins of arguements later, im diverted to scotland. The lovely guy was very helpful, promise to send another router in the post, and said my phone line would be repaired within 48 hours.

4 days later i phone sky again.. still no dial tone, still no router.
      the lady tells me there is no record of a fault, and that no router had even been requested!!!
      slightly annoyed now, i ask her to deal with the fault properly this time, she assured me Bt would look into it and telephone me on my mobile.
      A week later i get my bill, 100quid to much, still no router, still no dial tone..
      I phone sky again.. another half hour on hold, then a rude operator tells me that the router will be out in upto 28 days, and that my phone line was active, and didnt have a fault, and that my bill was correct!
      i ask to speak with a manager, she refused, i asked again, she refused again.. i reminded her that i was a consumer in the united kingdom, which means it is my right to bring a complaint to the attention of a manager.. i was diverted to a team leader.. i again asked for a manager, and again was refused... anyway a hour later i eventually speak to a manager, he promises to deal with the fault, and my bill.
      well its now 5th may, and my line was reconnected yesterday.
      3 months it took, and apparantly sky sent a disconnection order to bt the day after my line was connected!!

i have come to the conclusion that sky is manned by chimps.
      if virgin ever bring cable to my street, im off..
      until then im stuck with sky, god forbid

2. Advertisement
      sdd
      sdd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: sky is the worst company in the uk!

i had the same sort of thing when i joint Sky about 15moths ago it wasn't as bad as what you have had but i had to wait over a month because things kept blowing down the exchange and it was peeing me off

But i must say since my broadband as been on i have not had any trouble
      its gone off a couple of time but only for a few mins
      All my services are running fine so don't have no complaints at the moment

So lets hope everything is ok now for you and you can enjoy your services from Sky.

Nobody is Perfect.....I am Nobody....Therefore I am Perfect

Thanks

my tv service has always been excellent, and i do love it, but its the billing!!
      i cancelled the direct debit so i can control what sky take from me, now they send silly bills every month... this month for example was 164, when it should be 89!!!
      and this a regular occurance
      the broadband has been running for a month, generally it is fine, but is way to slow. im on max, but only getting 2 - 3 meg!

gollygosh is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I've been telling everybody for ages, but all sky lickers on here wont have it. As long as they've got your money they couldn't care less about service. By the way, anybody watch watchdog this week, Sky kept someone hanging on the phone for over 2 hours. third year in a row for bad service.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paigntonlad View Post
      my tv service has always been excellent, and i do love it, but its the billing!!
      i cancelled the direct debit so i can control what sky take from me, now they send silly bills every month... this month for example was 164, when it should be 89!!!
      and this a regular occurance
      Have you contact customer relations on this? One wrong bill is an issue, multiple wrong bills is either a cck up or someone not doing a job right.
      the broadband has been running for a month, generally it is fine, but is way to slow. im on max, but only getting 2 - 3 meg!
      You have another thread going for this but since you haven't actually told Sky there is a speed issue on your connection it was never likely to get fixed very quickly.

sdd
      Thanks

Trouble is when you get good offers there is always a catch
      Sky is....Trying to talk to someone that knows there job

Also you have to remember that Sky have 1000s of customers and you just can't please all

One other thing Sky is not the worst BT are always in the news were they have bad custom service and trying to con people all the time

The last con was there broadband were they said they were giving you there HUB for FREE....LIE.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Billing is often one of the biggest issues and often the main source of customer complaints, if a company actually gets to grip with it's billing system then they can keep the majority of customers happy.
      Misleading customers is never a good thing and to be honest a lot of companies suffer it from "over zealous" sales people who are just looking to hit target by any means possible. Trouble is that once the customer is on service and then works out that they have not been told the truth it is often the CS or TS staff that bear the brunt of it.

sdd
      Thanks

Yeah i do agree with you what you are saying
      you hit the nail on the head....TARGETS......

if you look at all the big company's all of them have some sort of problems with there custom service its a shame because the customer as to bear the blunt of it all there mistakes

BT as been the worst in my case took over a year to get my problem sorted with them
      kept charging me for canceling there talk plain but i canceled with in there time limit
      was push from pillow to post all for 160 canceling fee that's what they said i owed them.

Thanks

im about to ring sky about the slow broadband now... the problem with sky is if you try to report more than 1 issue at a time, they get a 'computer says no' then **** up anything and everything to do with your account!!
      they have FINALLY fixed my phone line, they are looking into my billing again, for the sixth month running, they blame everything from a cli charge, to ppv, to unauthorised phone calls, you name it, they have used the excuse, even though i have shot them down almost immediately!!!!
      cli charges are 32quid... that doesnt put my bill up by over 40... telephone charges... my line wasent even active... ppv. never ever use it, rip off!!
      its incompetance of the sky staff, pure and simple.
      the problem is, i love 24, and the other half loves the movies... we can only get freeview/sat or sky... sky wins whether i like it or not!!
      Last edited by paigntonlad; 06-05-09 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks

i was with bt for 5 or 6 years, and i never had a problem...
      i know everybody gets different problems, but it seems that every person i have spoke to, that hasd dealings with sky, have had lots of problems.
      you say about sales people and targets, but i knew what product i wanted before i phoned sky, i told them exactly what i wanted, and nothing more, so blaming the sales staff isnt fair i dont think.
      its lack of training, lack of skills, and lack of capable technology.

the fact of the matter is, sky simply dont give a damn about the very people that keep them in business