Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Talk and Line not working

This is a discussion on Sky Talk and Line not working within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi I recently had sky+HD and the sky talk package installed and i am waiting on broadband to be switched ...

wolboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Croydon
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Talk and Line not working

Hi

I recently had sky+HD and the sky talk package installed and i am waiting on broadband to be switched on.
      My girlfriend before had virgin so the bt line was untested and i stated this when ordering sky and was told dont worry sir we will get this all up and running for you aslong as you sign up for 12 months so i did.
      To cut a long story short my line was switched on and i have no dial tone or anything from the master socket. So i explained this after trying to get through then getting cut off 5 times and was told that they will run checks but if the the problem lies inside the house then i will be billed for a 99 call out and 64 for any replacement parts.
      Now how can this be right when i clearly stated I wasn't sure if the socket worked as it had never been used since my girlfriend moved in now i'm waiting on results from these tests. to say i wont be happy if i have to fork out that much will be an understatement any ideas people!!

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Talk and Line not working

Basically at the present time the line is still owned and maintained by BT, so if there a problem Sky will just log a call with BT. There is only a link into Sky equipment at the other end in the exchange just for the broadband side of things.
      So BT own the line including the master socket and will fix it for free if there is a problem but if when they come out they find there is a problem in your house like an extension plugged into or wired into the back of the master socket which is causing the problem then they are likely to charge. They may well invoice Sky who will in turn invoice you.

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolboy View Post
      Now how can this be right when i clearly stated I wasn't sure if the socket worked as it had never been used since my girlfriend moved in now i'm waiting on results from these tests. to say i wont be happy if i have to fork out that much will be an understatement any ideas people!!
      BT are offering free line installation now.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

wolboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Croydon
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I do accept that but when i took it out with sky i mentioned about the BT costs of line activation and said they wanted such and such and he said dont worry we will do all that for you free of charge and any over incurring costs so basically if it comes down to it i was fed any old spill just to take out a 12 month contract on the pretence that everything was working.
      It just seems like i may aswell have just re connected with bt and incurred these costs in the first place at least it wouldn't have taken so long especially with free installation cheers for that Heinz :-)