Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Caller Display

This is a discussion on Caller Display within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; A bit more on this continuing saga. As I have a Truecall unit, I have noticed that my caller display ...

pete22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Coventry
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Caller Display

A bit more on this continuing saga. As I have a Truecall unit, I have noticed that my caller display stopped working on the 29 April 2009!

A call to Sky's Skytalk help centre today, reveals that it was turned off on the 29 April - along with Sky voicemail - without authorisation from me!

After the third transfer, I was transferred to a technician, who told me that it could not be reactivated for 10-12 days.

I find this quite incredible. When my 12 months is up, if things do not improve, I will return to BT!

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

13 business days later and still no Caller ID or Voicemail service. Customer Relations is investigating, but believes there is a technical issue, causing my request for the above services to become "stuck"! Also in my first telephone call, the technician I spoke to said a "restriction" had been placed (hence the proposed 12 day delay).

I am repeatedly asked if I telephoned to cancel these services initially. My reply is that if I had, then I would say so. Honestly, what would be the point in me lying about that? In any case, are not all calls recorded? Or at least logged?

Since a change of this type requires the security password, known only to me, I can't understand the other possible reason given; that a change was made by an agent on my account by mistake.

Thanks

Good news or bad news?

Good news, Voice Mail restored 16 May, Caller ID restored 19 May.

Bad news, both cancelled again on the 21 May!

Back to square 1

avo1101uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Arrowebrook
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I'm having a nightmare trying to get my caller display and 1571 voicemail activated.
      My Sky Talk Freetime with Line Rental was activated on 1st june, called sky on the 2nd to request caller display and 1571 and i'm still waiting for them to be activated!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avo1101uk View Post
      I'm having a nightmare trying to get my caller display and 1571 voicemail activated.
      My Sky Talk Freetime with Line Rental was activated on 1st june, called sky on the 2nd to request caller display and 1571 and i'm still waiting for them to be activated!
      Well you certainly have my sympathies!!!

Last time I looked, nothing had changed other than that both services were still on order. As said in earlier posts, reactivation of Caller ID & Voice Mail is swiftly followed by a cancellation (twice now).

This has nothing to do with BT rather something to do with Sky's system, but no-one can understand why this occurs. Sky has come to realise that it is not me carrying out the cancellations!

avo1101uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Arrowebrook
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

i've called sky again today to chase my caller display and 1571 order that i placed on 2nd june and was told there is a problem and they will send it to IT to resolve but could not give any timescales!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avo1101uk View Post
      i've called sky again today to chase my caller display and 1571 order that i placed on 2nd june and was told there is a problem and they will send it to IT to resolve but could not give any timescales!
      Just to say that this mirrors my own experience, the requested services are on order, but as to when they will be implemented, no-one can say. It appears that someone rather than something is turning off my services. But whether that someone is responding to an automatic cancellation message generated by Sky's own system is impossible to say.

Thinking of the recent "Terminator" film, perhaps they should rename Sky - "Skynet"!

jmauk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Canonbury
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

i'm getting the same non-activation issue, line was installed on june 9th, ordered callerID and voicemail same day. Still not active. And none of my SkyTalk details show up on the sky.com "mySky" page, either.

the customer service reps i have spoken with say "there must be a problem" - really?!!!

jmauk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Canonbury
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

After 27 mins waiting (!!) I got through to tech support and they said that 2 days ago they had "discovered" a problem that was preventing calling features being properly activated, that engineers were working on the issue and the fix would be in place on the 18th of June. Look!! PIGS!!!! FLYING!

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

I have Sky Talk with caller identity working OK. This morning I tried the codes just to see what happened. There is a voice reply to each code:

#234# switches it OFF

*234# switches it ON

The information in the posts above is wrong - #234# is not a check to see if the service has been activated, it actually switches it off.
      JPL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast