Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky restricted my service for ten days

This is a discussion on Sky restricted my service for ten days within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi everyone, this is just to let you know that Sky restricted my telphone service so I could not make ...

raaammy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky restricted my service for ten days

Hi everyone,
      this is just to let you know that Sky restricted my telphone service so I could not make outgoing calls because I missed a monthly payment.

I paid up the same day, but was told the restriction would be lifted within 72 hours.

72 hours later I was told it would take another 72 hours, but 72 hours after that I was told it would take a further 72 hour before the restriction would be lifted - a total of ten days in all without being able to use my telephone.

I phoned up almost daily to complain but was told there was nothing they could do about it, I would just have to be patient.

Is this poor service a result of incompetance or is it that Sky just dosen't give a dam about its customers?

I feel sorry for those poor customer service people who have to explain why it takes at least ten days for a restriction to be lifted - they must think their company is crap.

The real reason it takes so long to fix this problem is that nobody takes responsibility, you can only talk to customer services, and they can't pass you on to the goons who actually solve the problem by switching you back on - are they lazy or just plain stupid?

The only thing I can do to show Sky how ****** off I am is to cancel my talk talk service, along with my broadband and Sky tv, and go to another company and hope for a better service.

I have had a telephone for forty years, but never have I had such a poor service until I went to Sky talk talk.

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky restricted my service for ten days

raaammy
      Hi you could try 02077053000 and ask for Customer Relations hope you get it all sorted

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

problem started though with you missing a monthly payment. Now there may have been a good reason for that, but this problem would not have escalated so much if you hadnt.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
      problem started though with you missing a monthly payment. Now there may have been a good reason for that, but this problem would not have escalated so much if you hadnt.
      Yep, you wouldnt expect your car to keep running if you didnt put fuel in it.
      Maybe its time to consider a direct debit.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
      Yep, you wouldnt expect your car to keep running if you didnt put fuel in it.
      But you wouldn't expect it to not start for 10 days once you'd refuelled.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

How did the OP pay? Did the money come out of the account immediately? It's not good that after paying that the service wasn't back on immediately but has the poster checked for when the money was released to Sky from the bank?

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday View Post
      But you wouldn't expect it to not start for 10 days once you'd refuelled.
      Well if you had filled up with diesel instead of unleaded and you weren't a member of a major motoring rescue service and you were perhaps overseas at the time and didn't speak the local language and your mobile was flat and had run out of credit, it's just possible that it could take some time before you could get the problem solved! I mean that exact chain of events happened to me, no er a friend of mine once...

++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

paigntonlad is offline Banned
      Exchange: paignton
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

i havent paid sky by direct debit for 2 years, i was fed up with sky taking 2 or 3 payments a month, then refusing to refund them.. i still get billed wrong most months now, however i argue thee toss and when its put right i pay by debit card.
      i missed a payment last october, easy to do when living on a budget, and as i pay a month in advance, i didnt expect it to be a problem.. but o no, its a major problem to sky, who cut me off.. even though i had paid for another 3 weeks service in advance...
      i paid my bill, and asked for a refund for the 4 days loss of service, many phone calls later, and many refusals later i contacted trading standards, they told me the process for the small claims court, so along i went to the county court with my paper work and 75pounds, and issued a summons to sky.
      sky sent me an appology and 3 months free viewing, and of course 75pounds costs.
      no doubt some people here we fight to the death to defend sky, but i was fed up to the back teeth with sky thinking they could push me around, and yes it was only a few days service i lost, but its the principle.
      maybe a few more people should do the same?
      might give sky a good kick in the ass

coolchris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Goldthorpe
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paigntonlad View Post
      i havent paid sky by direct debit for 2 years, i was fed up with sky taking 2 or 3 payments a month, then refusing to refund them.. i still get billed wrong most months now, however i argue thee toss and when its put right i pay by debit card.
      i missed a payment last october, easy to do when living on a budget, and as i pay a month in advance, i didnt expect it to be a problem.. but o no, its a major problem to sky, who cut me off.. even though i had paid for another 3 weeks service in advance...
      i paid my bill, and asked for a refund for the 4 days loss of service, many phone calls later, and many refusals later i contacted trading standards, they told me the process for the small claims court, so along i went to the county court with my paper work and 75pounds, and issued a summons to sky.
      sky sent me an appology and 3 months free viewing, and of course 75pounds costs.
      no doubt some people here we fight to the death to defend sky, but i was fed up to the back teeth with sky thinking they could push me around, and yes it was only a few days service i lost, but its the principle.
      maybe a few more people should do the same?
      might give sky a good kick in the ass
      Good on ya! Now thats how to deal with arrogant companies like Sky.