Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky line rental and 1571

This is a discussion on Sky line rental and 1571 within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I recently gave Sky the OK to change my line rental from BT to Sky. I initially entered the details ...

PogoPossum is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bicester
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Multiroom
      Thanks

Sky line rental and 1571

I recently gave Sky the OK to change my line rental from BT to Sky. I initially entered the details on MySky but when I clicked the completion button, got a message saying they were having problems, so I called the helpdesk. They were happy to help but said the option to pick up 1571 didn't appear. I'm sure there was the option to continue 1571 in the online session, I'm thinking the operative was looking at a screen linked to my account and whoever wrote the software thought it unnecessary to show 1571 because I already had it from BT!

Any one else had this problem? Did 1571 continue after switchover or did you have to go back and activate it after? Sky and BT don't seem to be communicating very well, Sky's letter said I would be switched 3rd of March, while BT said 6th of March. And even while typing this, an Irishman from BT called and tried to sell me something but dropped off pretty quickly when I told him I had already activated the switchover.

2. Advertisement
      Ke1th is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky line rental and 1571

There may have been a problem adding the 1571 feature when you first ordered but don't worry, wait til your line goes active then call Sky to activate. Sky can't change any features when an order is in place you see.