Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Talk Outgoing Calls Blocked - Please Help!!

This is a discussion on Sky Talk Outgoing Calls Blocked - Please Help!! within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Removed by user...

Mj2Day is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Talk Outgoing Calls Blocked - Please Help!!

Removed by user
      Last edited by Mj2Day; 26-01-09 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Removed

2. Advertisement
      ELKC20 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky Talk Outgoing Calls Blocked - Please Help!!

Hi,

I'm a newly registered user who is about to go nuts!

I registered for Sky Talk and Sky Broadband in November. All went well with the Broadband service, but its been the exact opposite for Sky Talk!

My account was due to go live on 8 December, but ever since then, when I try to ring out, the message "You are not registered to use this service" is read back to me. I made numerous calls to Sky the following week (on my mobile), and was made a number of promises, none of which were kept. After about 10 days I was eventually told that my account would not go live until the end of December, and to use the 1280 prefix to make outgoing calls in the meantime.

Needless to say, December came and went, and still no joy. After another set of calls (and after two different staff promised to investigate and ring me back, but never did), a girl called Ursula did actually seem to be genuinely pro-active, and called me back (twice!), finally saying the account would go live on 23 January.

Well, now that date has passed, and I'm no further on, (and Ursula has disappeared on me). I contacted Sky again yesterday, and was told that all the necessary checks on my line had been completed and no errors were showing up, so they are stumped! Another engineer is now looking at it and I will be contacted within 72 hours (why do I have no confidence in expecting a call?!).

This has just become crazy. On top of all this hassle, I've spent countless hours on the phone (I've lost count of the number of times the phoneline's suddenly went dead after being in the queue for 20 mins or more!!!), and my mobile bill is about 30 more this month than it should be, thanks to having to phone Sky during December.

Where do I turn next???

ELKC20 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

No suggestions, anyone?

bryan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leith
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD DRX890W
      Thanks

you could try the telephone ombudsman who is supposed to sort out problems like this if no one else can. Sorry I don't know how to contact him but I'm sure it is in the phone book or on the web..

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

ELK20
      HI I do Know if this will help theres also Sky Customer Relations Telephone number 02077053000 Any way hope you get sorted
      Steve

majopaoc I spoke with one of my local councilors, who put me in touch with my local member of assembly. I gave him all my details to my account, he stated that what was happening with my services was disgraceful and advised me that he would do all he could, including bringing the media into this. He spoke with SKY Immediately on my behave. Result - I now have my phone unblocked !!! Yipppe i am so happy, Thanks for everyone with there help and imput, it was really appreicated. It means a lot for my parents to have the phone unrestricted, especially around this time of year.
      There is a lesson to be learnt here.... i will leave you to make your own conclusions.