Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cannot make outbound calls -are you one of the 241 like me HELP !!

This is a discussion on Cannot make outbound calls -are you one of the 241 like me HELP !! within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all I am a first time poster... I need some serious help here guys. I am at my wits ...

majopaoc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Cannot make outbound calls -are you one of the 241 like me HELP !!

Hi all

I am a first time poster... I need some serious help here guys. I am at my wits end so here goes.

2 days ago i tried to make outbound calls on my phone, i currently use sky for line rental and sky talk unlimited. when i tried to call out, the prerecorded message stated that i have had restriction put on my phone, and i had to call sky.

I have been with sky for 2.5 months now, my bill gets debited monthly, i am in credit on my account, i cannot make sense of this, the only thing i have been told is that it is an internal issue they are having problems, i am one of 241 customers currently affected, in bound calls no issue, just cannot make calls out,is there anyone else out there like me?? I have told sky that this is not exceptable, i have parents who are old and i need medical assistance and access to the phone if an emergency was to happen.. I have had a phone for 30 years and never been blocked or restricted until now that i am with SKY ...

Can any one assist me on what to do ...PLEASE

Cheers

M

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Cannot make outbound calls -are you one of the 241 like me HELP !!

Hi I can give you a land line sky number for customer relations 02077053000 and ask them for
      help they are really good only wish I could do more. Come on Guys anyone reading this thread lets see if we can help

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Yikes, I think I'll stick with BT and pay the extra 50p a month line rental...
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks Steve16751, i will give the number a try. It has been 4 days now, when i called this morning, i was advised they were trying to unblock.. its the same message i get every time, they are working on it, the system is restricting ...blah blah. Firstly i was advised that it would be 72 hours, then this morning i was advised it would be another 72 hours... they even mentioned 14 days !!!
      I came across to SKY to make things nice and simple, TV,Internet, land line and calls all one bill, its has been a disaster from the start, it only took 7 weeks to get connected to the internet, then another 2 weeks to get my correct speed, wrongly charged for the package that i am on ...the list goes on ....

Does anyone have an email address that i can send too?? Some one high up the food chain at SKY who i can contact in customer relations or Talk.

Cheers

M

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

OK, about 5 years ago when I had some trouble with my TV service and I was getting nowhere with the regular technical support channels, I sent a polite e-mail to the guy whose name was on the letters from Sky at that time.

I summarised the problem and how it wasn't getting sorted out. The next day, I got a phone call from a "special team that solves tricky problems a bit sharpish" (I think all companies have something like this, certainly Powergen did when my mother had some problems with them a few years ago!) Anyway, things got sorted out double quick and my faith was restored.

So, the guy who signs the letters now is Mark Anderson. Try e-mailing to mark.anderson@bskyb.com - he may or may not be a real person, but if the mailbox exists I think you can be fairly certain that your problem will get passed on for some special attention.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Thanks

You do know that the line still belongs to bt sky only rent the line and we rent of sky so any work that needs to be carried out is done by bt. I did the same all eggs in one basket the problem we have is are exchanges are still run by bt sky not in yet. so thats why we are on the connect service. Ask sky has bt told them 72hrs, 14 days I do not think so? you are not asking sky to repair the problem you asking sky have they contacted bt after all it is still a bt line and sky only rent it and you rent it from them. (see what they say about that)

speedyrite thanks for coming in

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yes Steve16751 i am aware that the line is still owned by BT, when it took me some 7 weeks to get connected to the internet i became aware of this !!, as they kept saying BT this and BT that ... simply passing the buck.
      Speedyrite thanks for the email address, i have already sent an email of to him... so far it has not "bounced" back... that was some hours ago,so i hope it has went some where....

Guys from your experience with SKY, do you think what they have told me about me being one of 241 customers effected is true or is it complete BS ??

Cheers
      M

Thanks

I would say bt causing the problem sky rings bt for updates sky can only be as fast as bt lets them with connect customers. 241 customers if it is right theres 241 letter from bt with headlines Are you having problems with your new service provider I have had 2 letters and 1 telephone call the phone call I told them I had customer telephone preference the person on the other end said this is bt I said I know and goodbye. I do not know anyone who has not had a problem with bt when moving to a different supplier anyway i hope the e-mail does the trick.

speedrite Great e-mail I have written it down for the future

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

The contract is with Sky. If they're having problems with BT (and I haven't seen any evidence that's the case - it looks like a Sky system issue) then that's their problem not the customer's. If they take the money then they have the responsibility.

Thanks

Saturday
      Yes the contract is with sky But on sky connect (easy net) we rent the line of sky who in turn rent the line of bt any contact is with sky then they in turn contact bt to solve problem. As there is no sky products at the exchange so bt decides what happens at their exchanges no one else. Maybe you can explain Sky system issue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast