Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cannot make outbound calls -are you one of the 241 like me HELP !!

This is a discussion on Cannot make outbound calls -are you one of the 241 like me HELP !! within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by majopaoc <snip>i have already sent an email of to him... so far it has not "bounced" back... ...

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Cannot make outbound calls -are you one of the 241 like me HELP !!

Quote Originally Posted by majopaoc View Post
      <snip>i have already sent an email of to him... so far it has not "bounced" back... that was some hours ago,so i hope it has went some where.... <snip>
      As it's the weekend, I don't think you should expect to get any response until at least Monday or possibly Tuesday. No guarantees of any response at all, of course...
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

This case highlights the reason Brian and I in a recent thread suggested that the Sky line rental was not worth the saving.

Here it seems clear that because Sky have to deal with BT to get a fault sorted that there are further delays in the process than just letting another part of BT deal with it. (that's not to say it is Skys delay, it maybe BT's fault but that doesn't help the customer).

I stick with my original argument that it is easier to keep chasing BT for a line fault than Sky and you wont spend as long waiting for someone to answer the phone.

majopaoc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all replies

I spoke with SKY again this morn, i asked was it a system issue, they dont thing it is, i was advised that a service request was had been issued to OPTIMUS, the third party that apparently all telecommunications companies have to go thru, even BT, they advised that this service will take upto 72 hours from yest. date to find out what is the issue... as for me being one of 241 customers, i now get the feeling that this is a smoke screen for something bigger and serious within the SKY system. I was advised that system was saying that an R3 rejection letter had been sent to the customer from BT... i have never received such a letter, i was then told cause the way my account had been set up at the start ( in sept) that all my calls where being billed to BT, then BT were billing SKY. The way who bills who is not my problem... but alas it now is my problem as i have no home phone. All i know is for 2 months i have been paying my bill by direct debit, using the phone as normal then BANG no phone... i cannot get a straight answer from any one...alway's some thing different is been told... Who is this "OPTIMUS" being mentioned??

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Saturday
      Yes the contract is with sky But on sky connect (easy net) we rent the line of sky who in turn rent the line of bt
      Yes, I'm well aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Maybe you can explain Sky system issue
      I think majopaoc has described it perfectly adequately.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Forgot to mention that i have had no issues with my internet connection, which is the "connect" package, which use's the same line as the phone, so its not a line issue then.? As there is restrictions on my phone why is it i still have the internet, would this not be "blocked" also...?? sorry for my ignorance, but i am not very technical.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

No it's nothing to do with your physical line but to do with your account which has had an outgoing call block put on it.

Exchange:
      Thanks

i received a letter from sky talk this morning, in the letter they stated the usual tripe,delighted you have come across etc.. but we have had a problem with the post code that was supplied to us, and is different to one BT has on there records..... well its only the same post code that has always been for the past 30 years..... and that appears on all SKY mail to me ..... !! I cannot get a straight answer from anyone
      Whats got me miffed, is that since sept when i took up sky with TV,internet and phone there was no problems, then on 16th dec phone stops working ... please explain .... ??

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Sounds like a case for the CAB to help you sort it out as it looks like some help from them may be needed.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Exchange:
      Thanks

yeah adrain, i think u are right there... what ****** me of that when i ring up, i get fed the same BS.. and today i was told from sky to be patient, and that i was one off 10 million customers that they SKY had, and they could not call everyone they had, with updates every time there was a problem.... you try telling that to elderly parents who just want to call out and who for 30 years there has never been an issue with there home phone, until I change companys for them, because i think i am getting them a better deal on there calls and package... what a fool i have been.
      I have telephoned the number that one of the fellow members gave me earlier, i got thru to someone , but when i told them my issue i was spat back into the loop of customer service. Getting very frustrated now.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

majopaoc
      Sorry that number was not helpful. when I rang they said would I like someone from cst to ring me. I thought might be useful if you could not ring out.plus i thought they might have been able to give more assistance. As you cannot ring out through your home phone.

today i was told from sky to be patient, and that i was one off 10 million customers that they SKY had, and they could not call everyone they had, with updates every time there was a problem
      Thats what their Home page is for, It`s called Customer information but with sky (only let the customer know what we want to let them know) otherwise known as nothing. They do not understand by giving customers information It will stop clogging up they telephone lines
      and cut down on silly mistakes. On your first post 241 does that mean that someone at sky sitting there looking at post codes I don`t like that one change it. in fact we will swap 241 see what happens (sorry about my sarcasm) I think you are right BS.
      At Sky you are not asking 10 million customers to chip in and pay for your services at sky
      so each customer has a right to inform their service provider of any problems which might occur with they products and EXPECT their problem to be resolved at the earliest time and be informed of any delays.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast