Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How do i know i've switched to Sky Talk

This is a discussion on How do i know i've switched to Sky Talk within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I received a letter from sky saying the switch will take over on the 13th jan. I phoned CS to ...

lily48 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01296
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: How do i know i've switched to Sky Talk

I received a letter from sky saying the switch will take over on the 13th jan. I phoned CS to confirm this and she said yes. I complained that I have been charged for calls I thought were free and she told me to write to sky to complain and send a copy of the bill. Has anybody done it before? I think, sky should make it clear that the calls are not free until you get a date for the transfer to take place. I have spent a long time in the queue to get through sky CS and I will be furious if I have been charged for these calls. So far, no letter from BT only sky. I can see I am on sky talk freetime in my account, but cannot see details of the calls I made yesterday. I will check my bt account to see whether I have been switched.

2. Advertisement
      busman12 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I received my letter from Sky and BT giving me the change-over date, but when loging onto `my sky` to check my bill, i cannot find Sky Talk to view my calls.
      Broadband & TV subscriptions shown but not Talk ?

I should have been connected on 16th Feb. Does it take awile for Sky Talk to be shown on `my sky` or is it instant ?

When you make a telephone call, how long does it take before this call is shown on your bill ?

Last edited by busman12; 24-02-09 at 10:04 AM.

mjdominey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by busman12 View Post
      I received my letter from Sky and BT giving me the change-over date, but when loging onto `my sky` to check my bill, i cannot find Sky Talk to view my calls.
      Broadband & TV subscriptions shown but not Talk ?

I should have been connected on 16th Feb. Does it take awile for Sky Talk to be shown on `my sky` or is it instant ?

When you make a telephone call, how long does it take before this call is shown on your bill ?

I'm in the same situation, 17th was my switchover date, and I have no way of knowing if it has actually happened?

Bedrock_Fred is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01775
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Not sure about the 1571, but caller display is tied to the rental, if your rental is with BT you have to call them and pay extra for it. I believe it is free with Sky Rental, you have to phone them to have it activated.
      You don't have to pay extra for caller display if you get BT privacy at home

"BT Privacy at Home* let's you gives you more control over incoming calls. It includes Caller Display**, which lets you see the number of the person that's calling, so you can decide whether to answer. Caller Display is FREE as part of BT Privacy at Home

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Caller Display is FREE as part of BT Privacy at Home
      So BT have been charging me for years for something that is free. No wonder they have a bad name.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      So BT have been charging me for years for something that is free. No wonder they have a bad name.
      You must have missed the massive TV (fronted by Jeremy Clarkson) and newspaper advertising campaign back in 2005 about BT Privacy then.

It was also included in a leaflet which was sent out with bills for those still on paper biliing.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

That's true, I don't remember seeing anything about it. How long ago was it? The thing is when I looked up my Caller Plan, there was nothing there about me paying for Caller Display, which I have been for years. As there was no place to remove it from my preferences, I assume that now I have opted for BT Privacy the charge will be dropped?

I have thanked Fred for bringing it to my attention

You must have edited your post while I was posting, I have paid them a few hundred quid for nothing

Edit - I have now read the link and realise that I am not the only one who has been mugged by these money grabbing bees. No doubt there are still thousands like me who are on paperless billing who have no idea they are being charged for something that is free.
      Last edited by Isitme; 06-03-09 at 01:33 PM.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Bedrock_Fred is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01775
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Thanks

Your not alone, also BT are still offering caller display for a fee

BT are now trumpeting "free 0845/0870 numbers" They are only free within your calling package, and hidden away in the blurp thay send out reveals that line rental, call charges are going up.
      To get the best prices you have to pay your bill by DD and have a 12 month contract and have paperless billing
      They are also dropping friends and family , changing it to " Friends & Family Mobile Friends & Family International. " Which are of no use to me I never ever use a landline to call a mobile and there are loads of cheaper international call providers costing less than BT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12