Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Advice please, Sky won't let me switch call provider

This is a discussion on Advice please, Sky won't let me switch call provider within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi Guys, Bit of comment please. I left sky last month and instructed primus saver to take over my calls ...

greg123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Advice please, Sky won't let me switch call provider

Hi Guys,

Bit of comment please.

I left sky last month and instructed primus saver to take over my calls at the point my 30 day notice with sky was up. I had the usual 'sorry you are leaving, you will be transfered to your new provider on xxxxxxx date' letters. All that happened is my phone got cut off, redirected to sky talk centre with a 'your service is restricted, to restore it please speak to an advisor' message. Sky disabled 1280 override code so I can't call via BT/other people so my phone was screwed.

Long story short, Primus didn't take it over because BT refused the request, saying 'CPS 9220 error changing line status'. After getting on to Ofcom and getting a high level BT contact, they tell me in no uncertain terms that the reason is Sky have placed a restriction on the line. BT are not allowed to remove it, it has to be cancelled by the originator. Get on to Sky, eventually find there is a small 30ish final settlement owing, pay that just in case but I'm assured that I am not with sky and that wouldn't cause a problem.

Try it 2 more times, 3 letters in total from sky saying different dates (2 of them in the past from the point the letter was written) when my service would be switched to a new provider. All failed. Primus Saver are getting fed up, they keep requesting BT to route my calls to them, BT keep returning an error, all because of - still as far as BT say yesterday - restriction on my line placed by Sky.

Ofcom no help (wait 12 weeks then make a complaint) and it goes like this: Primus say BT have refused their request to route my calls to them. BT say they couldn't, it was out of their control, because a 3rd party (Sky) have placed a restriction on the line preventing them moving it. Sky say hey buddy, you are not with us any more - nothing to do with us talk to BT.

Sky also told me they do not actually deal with BT request and a 3rd party company does this. When I asked if they can prove or see the actual requests re my line status/restriction, he couldn't. All they can say is on their call centre systems there is nothing wrong with my line.

So, 3 letters from sky saying I'm leaving them and I'm still stuck on a buttoned down restricted line routed to sky's call centre and blocking access to BT or anyone else with no hope of getting this resolved.

I have full details in my letter to sky which you can read here
      The saga of trying to leave Sky

Any comments appreciated. Nearly 3 weeks with no phone and I work from home.... Also if Sky are the problem as I suspect, regardless if it was a billing issue or what is it lawful for them to block me from changing my calls provider, AFTER I have left Sky?

Cheers, Greg.

All that happened is BT keep refusing to move me to my new call provider
      Regards, Greg
      Freelance IT, 2yrs IT support mgr UK's largest call ctr
      Hobby ex mechanic so cars, campers, bikes - guitar
      Currently teaching security staff again (12yrs in frontline industry - pubs/clubs/close protection etc)
      Ex Sky customer, now with 02 -cheaper and faster.

2. Advertisement
      astra is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYELL
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Advice please, Sky won't let me switch call provider

try the top dog Email james.murdoch@bskyb.com he can fix it a bit like bob the builder

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

It's actually jeremydarroch@sky.com who is the BSkyB CEO

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks, I have sent copy to Jeremy and will see how it goes. Not too hopeful but really hope I'm wrong....
      Regards, Greg
      Currently teaching security staff again (12yrs in frontline industry - pubs/clubs/close protection etc)

Ke1th is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

When you cancel Sky Talk, you are given 30 days in which to find a new provider, if this is breached then a barr may be placed on your line. It is upto you to contact another provider to take over your calls.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I DID. Well in time. I have the letter from Sky, BT & confirmation from Primus Saver to prove it. All in all, I have 3 letters from Sky promising dates that my phone service will move. I had the dates organised for the orinigal planned move date perfectly.

The problem is that it never happened. And it's still not happening. And BT and my new provider have nothing to do with it. BT confirm that Sky still has a restriction on the line, Sky say I'm not with them and there isn't a problem.

In any case, it's not lawful for sky to prevent the line from being transfered after the 30 day notice period, if this were the case (which it is not).

Nightmare. Thank you for replying though, I don't think I'm going to get anywhere till OTELLO gets involved, but hey we can hope.

Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ke1th View Post
      When you cancel Sky Talk, you are given 30 days in which to find a new provider, if this is breached then a barr may be placed on your line. It is upto you to contact another provider to take over your calls.
      Last edited by greg123; 15-11-08 at 10:14 PM.
      Regards, Greg