Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky offered me half price line rental - when I call they know nothing about it

This is a discussion on Sky offered me half price line rental - when I call they know nothing about it within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, everyone. Wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem and any advice on how to take it forward. ...

andy_e17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Walthamstow, East London
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sky offered me half price line rental - when I call they know nothing about it

Hi, everyone.

Wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem and any advice on how to take it forward.

At the beginning of October, I called Sky to add Sky Talk Unlimited to my package as it is cheaper than BT for similar inclusive calls. This order went through fine.

A couple of days later, I received an undated letter from Sky offering me half-price line rental for six months if I switched from BT to Sky. I called Sky and as I'd already ordered Sky Talk was told I'd have to wait until it was active on my line before they could switch the line rental.

I waited until the appointed date, called back and was told that I should 'call back tomorrow'. I did. However, that time I was told I'd have to wait until I'd had Sky Talk for a month before I could get the line rental switched. 'What about the offer?', I asked. 'It might expire before then'. Should be OK I was told.

I waited a few days and was uneasy with this answer so thought I'd try emailing through the website to ask about the offer and whether I'd still be able to avail of it in a month's time. I've still received no response to my email.

So I called again. This time I was told there was no record of the offer being available on my account. I was asked for the date and reference number on the letter but neither was on the letter. Then I was told that I couldn't have been sent a letter and was the one I had 'definately addressed to you'. It is. Anyhow, having spoken to her supervisor, the agent told me I should email in with my complaint. Really, I didn't want to complain I just wanted what I was offered in the letter! I was told to call back 'in a few days' and the offer might be applied to my account then.

Anyhow, didn't see how that would work so I decided to write to Sky Subscriber Services with a copy of the letter. I posted this on 15 October and have not been contacted since.

I'm going to wait until the end of the month before writing again - gives them a full two weeks since I posted the letter. So, what I wanted to know is - has anyone else had this problem and did you manage to resolve it? I know the total saving is only a fiver a month but over six months it is 30 and thirty quid is thirty quid!

To be honest, I'm kinda wondering now whether I'll bother with it in the end. I've found BT's customer service line terrible when I call to speak to someone and I'm not finding Sky any better. Maybe I should stick with what I've got!

I'd be grateful for your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to read my very long (:-) post!

2. Advertisement
      Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Re: Sky offered me half price line rental - when I call they know nothing about it

It's only 50p per month less (and you'd then not be able to use the 1280 prefix to hop back onto BT when you want to avoid Sky's excessive 0845 and 0870 call charges) - so, if I was you, I'd save myself the hassle and forget it.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

Nigelh is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Hitchin
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV: and Multiroom
      Thanks

Re: Sky offered me half price line rental - when I call they know nothing about it

You can't use 1280 as a prefix now once you're a Sky Talk customer. Logically it is probably best therefore to have both together. However half price line rental for 6 months may not be the best deal out there. I would wait until you have the calls activated, and then givem a call. I was offered Free line rental for 12 months, free calls for 6 months and 1/2 price multiroom for 6 months (saving 180.00) Good luck, and keep trying.

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelh View Post
      You can't use 1280 as a prefix now once you're a Sky Talk customer.
      Thanks, I forgot they'd started ignoring that, even from their CPS customers.
      Last edited by Heinz; 28-10-08 at 03:44 PM.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

Thanks

Nigel, Heinz... thank you both.

I think I'll wait to see if they get back to me and if not at the end of the month I'll phone again. Will come back and let you know what happens.

Cheers...

smudge2002 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: denton
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I rang Sky last week 2 days after ordering Sky Line Rental to cancel that order and ask for a MAC code to switch my broadband. I was considering taking everything to BT. I was promptly offered line rental free for 12 months if I stayed with Sky.

Thanks

Hi all,
      Been a while since I've been on the site, but Sky have come up trumps for me. About two weeks after I wrote my letter to them, they called back to apologise for my troubles, etc. and the lady said she'd sort out a credit for the amount I'd have saved with the three month offer if I still wanted to go ahead with taking their line rental. I said thanks very much and that was that.
      My line rental switched to Sky yesterday and this morning one of their agents called to advise me of this and said she'd sorted it out that I'd pay no line rental for twelve months. Brilliant!!
      Can't fault this response. Thank you Sky!