Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems with house move

This is a discussion on Problems with house move within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I've got a WL3 Sky Talk line and LLU broadband along with TV and I'm having a few problems getting ...

seaweasel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lurgan
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Problems with house move

I've got a WL3 Sky Talk line and LLU broadband along with TV and I'm having a few problems getting a house move sorted. Firstly, it's taken me weeks of trying to actually get through to the call centre team that deal with WLR3 house moves, I managed to talk to the right team a few days ago - a week after we moved out of our old house.

I was told by the adviser I spoke to (and seemingly she verified this with her line manager), that Sky cannot move their WLR3 lines, nor install new ones (AFAIK they could now do this), and that I have to get a new account with BT Retail - which of course means another 12 month term with BT. Seemingly they can then give me CPS Sky Talk and their LLU broadband.

Now, I may be wrong, but I thought the whole point of WLR3 was that companies like Sky could sort this sort of stuff out directly with BT Openreach, just like BT Retail does. I'm super annoyed with Sky over this as when I signed up in March, I mentioned that I might be moving again in the next few months and was assured I could move everything with no problems.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'd like to avoid having to set up a BT account if possible. Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Problems with house move

Try following this up: thinkbroadband :: Sky joins providers offering new phone line installations

Perhaps it came to nothing.