Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bill Dispute +Thus PLC

This is a discussion on Bill Dispute +Thus PLC within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Quote from Number checker. PhonepayPlus has the following information about the number 09061582574 . The number offers a claim hotline. ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Bill Dispute +Thus PLC

Quote from Number checker.

PhonepayPlus has the following information about the number 09061582574.

• The number offers a claim hotline. This is promoted through a scratch card that comes free in newspapers and magazines, and you use it with your telephone or mobile phone.
      • This service costs 1.50 per min (plus any phone network surcharges - check with your phone company for full details).

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it you should contact the company that provides this service which is listed below.

McIntyre & Dodd Marketing Ltd
      Green Heys
      Walford Road
      Ross-on-Wye
      Herefordshire
      HR9 5PQ
      Tel: 01989 769 797
      You should find out who is using your phone for scratch cards.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      lowe.m is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

my phone line is with BT and broadband with sky,skytalk I think sky should control these companies better, they rip off their customers. so why is so hard to get our money back. they are building intrest for our money.
      I think that we all should complain together so we can have a better chance.
      What does other think we should do.

Mary

Thanks

the 80 is for my sky, broadband and sky talk I pay this every month as my phone line is with BT they have blocked all 09 numbers, but that does not stop them from phoning me.
      BT said they cannot check who been phoning me as I want them to put a block on all 09 numbers coming in but they cannot do it

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lowe.m View Post
      the 80 is for my sky, broadband and sky talk I pay this every month as my phone line is with BT they have blocked all 09 numbers, but that does not stop them from phoning me.
      BT said they cannot check who been phoning me as I want them to put a block on all 09 numbers coming in but they cannot do it
      So have they phoned you and you have accepted the charges? or pressed a number to continue at your expense. That is a little different to this amount just appearing on your bill through no fault of your own (a mistake on Sky's part). I'm confused why you would think that the lack of control on your phone is Sky's fault.

Have you tried OFCOM, aren't they responsible for supervising phone companies and premium rate numbers?

Thanks

The number checker for 09116128888 returns this-
      PhonepayPlus has the following information about the number 09116128888.

• The number offers an adult content service. This is promoted through Sky or Cable TV, and you use it with your telephone or mobile phone.
      • This service costs 1.50 per min (plus any phone network surcharges - check with your phone company for full details).

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it you should contact the company that provides this service which is listed below.

Bang Media (London) Ltd
      3rd Floor
      47 Kentish Town Road
      London
      NW1 8NX
      Tel: 0870 2690415
      tamsin@bangmediaTV
      Although Sky carry adverts for this product, I doubt if they are responsible for their actions, any more than they are responsible for products supplied by any other advertiser. If you wish to complain about them go to this page -
      PhonepayPlus - Consumer Home
      There you will find information on how to complain and possibly claim compensation.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Shonky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wellingborough
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Also having problems with Skytalk with calls appearing on my account that have not been made so when my contract runs out I will abandon them, I have no desire to give my pension to such an incompetent organisation who don't give a **** about their customers.
      No fool like an old fool - yippee

Thanks

Have you checked with PhonepayPlus - welcome to the PhonepayPlus home page to see where the calls were routed? Like an earlier poster, you may find that you did make the calls in question.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

yes I have contacted with PhonepayPlus and have informed me that they deal with allot of people with this problems they said it always has to be someone in the family who made these calls and that it is not fair on the person who is paying the phone bill. so I don't think they was very helpful as they sent me a reply in 2 days. Sky is given me back 101 that include 35 for bank charges.I will be contacting Bang Media because Iam still unhappy.
      My warning to other get your phone line blocked, so you don't have this problem again and if you do have it blocked.
      I still think they can charge you, even you didn't make the call
      has anyone had to deal with this problem and get there money back
      Thanks
      Mary

Thanks

I saw a news article this morning about doctors surgeries using 0844 numbers, these are probably routed through Thus. It is shocking you should have to pay a premium rate to call your doctor. Apart from Sky's own numbers, you have to pay dearly for these with Sky Talk.

TomD

Useful Utilites

spectrequeen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01473
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

hi gang, i saw this thread and im going to tell you of my problems with thhus plc.
      well demon, a product of said company, i was starting up a service provider company, and to make sure we got the web site, database, yadayada going we setup a special intranet platform that was half pc os half net os. as a functional test we created a subnet lets say teddybeargroup.com, it was running fine till one day a friend of mine called me frantic about a website that appeared from no where, our private system. after a bit of checking, the registered entries were found and still are being held captive by demon on thier dns provider tucows (who is not at fault here). demon claim someone from the company had used the dns to make a site directly from a computer that had no other function than to store backed up files, it didnt have a screen or input once running.
      this is who thus are, the bill gates of isp.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast