Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

1280 to no longer work even if you pay BT for line rental

This is a discussion on 1280 to no longer work even if you pay BT for line rental within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; OK, so have they or haven't they? Post #27 says: Dear Mrs xxxxxxxxxxxx Customer Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx Thank you for ...

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Re: 1280 to no longer work even if you pay BT for line rental

OK, so have they or haven't they?

Post #27 says:
      Dear Mrs xxxxxxxxxxxx
      Customer Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email regarding your calls charges.

I can advise that you can still direct your calls through BT by using the dialling prefixes.

Please note that we will only bill you for the calls made on the Sky Talk package without a dialling prefix.

Should you require any further assistance please contact the above email address and I will be happy to help.

Yours sincerely

Eryn McCabe
      Customer Relations Team
      but post #29 says:
      "Sky has now completely stopped doing the 1280 BT Override Code, as its offering totally different phone packages."
      Last edited by Heinz; 25-08-08 at 06:25 PM.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

2. Advertisement
      jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203 / 4.2
      Sky TV: Q 2TB & 4xMinis
      Thanks

but post #29 says:
      Quote:
      "Sky has now completely stopped doing the 1280 BT Override Code, as its offering totally different phone packages."
      Yup, I'm total sure they have definitely done it!! Why? Because I have made 4 calls in total on 25th July 2008 at 20:48 for the BT qualify, and its there on my online BT Account. But I have made the extra 2 calls on Thursday 21st August 2008 to make it up a total of 6 chargable calls for the BT Privacy Service (Caller Display) qualify, but I checked about 1 hour ago to see my additional 2 calls are added onto my "Recent Calls" from my online BT Account. Nope! Its not there, except only 4 calls that have been made 25th July 2008!!

Plus, I have called them to ask about it, even BT call me about that and trying to get me back to BT, but I have to said to them I'm very happy with Sky Talk Unlimited phone package for 5 a month as well with BT phone line rental for 10.50, but they put the phone down on me afterwards, end of!!

That's means I'm completely struck!!

Unless I change my BT calling plan to "Unlimited UK Evening & Weekend Plan" and hopefully I still have Sky Talk Unlimited phone package as well without using the 1280 option to make 6 chargeable calls anymore.
      Last edited by jonathanen; 25-08-08 at 07:43 PM.

Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanen View Post
      Unless I change my BT calling plan to "Unlimited UK Evening & Weekend Plan" and hopefully I still have Sky Talk Unlimited phone package as well without using the 1280 option to make 6 chargeable calls anymore.
      But, if you can't dial 1280 to use BT, that's no good to you anyway.

jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203 / 4.2
      Sky TV: Q 2TB & 4xMinis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
      But, if you can't dial 1280 to use BT, that's no good to you anyway.
      Are you saying that I can do that?

Changing to BT Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan (completely free Caller Display without the 6 chargeable calls qualify) with 100 free BT texts per month (but I don't think I have free texts if I'm on Sky Talk anyway) and still have Sky Talk Unlimited phone package?

Because I never use BT to make any calls at all, except that 1280 which is only to get "free" caller display qualify. Mostly of the time, My family & I use the Sky Talk Unlimited phone package to make very HUGE phone calls, its like 580+ calls a month, and its like 7 pages LONG of phone calls using the Sky Talk Unlimited phone package, as for 0845 numbers, I use saynoto0870.com or use one of the phone cards to dial any 0870 or mobiles - using any 01 / 02 numbers at the back of the phone card!!

If so, then my family and I are very happy and willing to change the BT callling plan ASAP!! I don't mind paying a total 54.60 (7.68 extra) for every 3 months instead of 46.92 every 3 months for both BT & Sky Talk Unlimited phone packages.

Actually, I can just leave it as it is because I have workout the following calculations:

31.50 + 5.75 = 37.25 for BT line rental without 6 chargeable calls + Caller Display charge of 5.75 which is total of 52.25 every 3 months for both BT & Sky phone packages which is 2.35 less than 54.60.

So, I'm better off to leave it as it is and don't bother to dial 1280 anymore!! That's reminds me, I have delete the 1280 code from my commtel phone guard, as its no use to me anymore!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanen View Post
      Are you saying that I can do that?
      No, you can't do that because, by all accounts, Sky now ignores the 1280 prefix so you could never send any calls via BT even if BT allowed you to change to that call plan and still CPS your calls via Sky.

Nigelh is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Hitchin
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: and Multiroom
      Thanks

I haven't moved mine yet, and have made 2 calls, the last on Saturday using 1280. It is showing up on my BT recent calls list this morning. I'm still considering moving back to BY though.

LyndyLou is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rayleigh (EARAY)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

This is very confusing. Sky customer relations tell me that I can use the prefix 1280. By the look of the posts some people are still able to use it and others can't even though they pay line rental to BT. What on earth are sky doing? Seems like even their customer service agents do not know. Some say one thing and others something different.

Jonny4911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hounslow - LWHOU
      Broadband ISP: O2 Broadband Standard
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I can still use 1280 to hop back onto BT as i made a few calls on Tuesday and they have appeared on my BT recent calls. Until I can't I don't really want to take the hassle of changing my line rental/call package. Just out of interest will changing my line rental to sky affect my o2 Broadband, has anyone done this with another BB provider apart from sky?

BrianM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Abingdon
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LyndyLou View Post
      This is very confusing. Sky customer relations tell me that I can use the prefix 1280. By the look of the posts some people are still able to use it and others can't even though they pay line rental to BT. What on earth are sky doing? Seems like even their customer service agents do not know. Some say one thing and others something different.
      Sky are doing a staged migration of customers to a new wholesale platform (ironically sold to Sky by BT Wholesale!!) which blocks calls to 1280 (that is BT Retail!!). Thus some people can still use it - while others cannot!

Thus what Sky told you may well be correct!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
      Sky are doing a staged migration of customers to a new wholesale platform (ironically sold to Sky by BT Wholesale!!) which blocks calls to 1280 (that is BT Retail!!). Thus some people can still use it - while others cannot!
      "A staged migration" but without bothering to tell their customers!

My Father used to use a word of German origin - shysters.
      Last edited by Heinz; 01-09-08 at 03:12 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast