Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sky talk line rental does this replace bt line rental ?

This is a discussion on sky talk line rental does this replace bt line rental ? within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by stormo So can I now get a land line through Sky without going through BT at all. ...

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Re: sky talk line rental does this replace bt line rental ?

Quote Originally Posted by stormo View Post
      So can I now get a land line through Sky without going through BT at all. Does anyone know how much this costs to set up?
      A lot more than BT's current 29.99 offer for sure.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

2. Advertisement
      Carl2T is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alleyways on Buckfast
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I called bt not too long ago and after 5 minutes of hold music I was instructed that an engineer needed to be sent out as there wasn't a socket in the home, I instructed the gentleman that at that present time I was looking at a bt socket thus one was not needed.. after a period of time he said there MAY be a charge if the scket is faulty.. well I'll run the risk then.

engineer came out and looked at the socket bemused.. why am I here he asks..I'll put notes in saying no work was needed.. thank you sir!

Bill: 164.74 mr customer..
      I called bt to enquire about this one off payment to be informed that even 1 minute in the property constitutes as work done in the property.. I asked if it was possible to pay itoff in monthly payments.. to be met with.. you should have chosen the 5 monthly payment method that I was never offered..

what if I do not wish to pay this bill? you will be disconnected and then terminated. thank you BT.

sky have informed me that no one wants to pay BT that kinda money and that they'd take me on without a problem.. is this the case? can I get my bt terminated and get sky to activate sky talk and line rental?
      A day without laughter is a day wasted.

Carl2T is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alleyways on Buckfast
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

phoned bt again today and enquirer about terminating the contract.. to disconnect will cost 141.. and if I choose to let termination run.. then I will be forced to pay the bill 164.. directly or debt collection.. I was told by several people that used to work for bt to tell them to go and f... themselves.. not 100% surewhat todo
      A day without laughter is a day wasted.

chrcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leics Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: 8800nl(bridge) + pfSense 2.4 N3150 unit + asus ac68 as WAP
      Sky TV: FreeSAT
      Thanks

if the engineer has said charges will be waived, ring up BT and tell them exactly that. Explain no work was needed, it was them who insisted on the engineer and the engineer told you there is no fee. If they wont stand down then tell them the contract is void and its in their interest to mutually let you out of the contract. Point out to them if they do this they lose 12 months of revenue from you so isnt in their interest.

heyho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      If you are within a contract period you will be given the option of paying out your contract by paying the remaining months line rental to be released from BT to go with whoever you want.
      Well I have now got a 128 bill from BT for terminating early. They said i had agreed to this but when I argued that I had NOT authorised this in anyway and they had just gone ahead and terminated my account they said 'tough'.

Good old BT

I reported them to Ofcom who have replied and said that they are currently in discussions over termination charges.

Anyway i haven't paid the bill.

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heyho View Post
      Well I have now got a 128 bill from BT for terminating early. They said i had agreed to this but when I argued that I had NOT authorised this in anyway and they had just gone ahead and terminated my account they said 'tough'.

Good old BT

I reported them to Ofcom who have replied and said that they are currently in discussions over termination charges.

Anyway i haven't paid the bill.
      When you moved to the new house, you started a new 12 month line rental contract with BT. The fact that there was no paperwork is immaterial these days, you are deemed to have agreed to the contract by ordering (by phone or internet) and the fact that you then used the line confirms that.

Not paying what you owe will just result in markers on your credit record.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

chrcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leics Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: 8800nl(bridge) + pfSense 2.4 N3150 unit + asus ac68 as WAP
      Sky TV: FreeSAT
      Thanks

Heinz not so sure about that, BT may well think thats the case but I know if a company took me to court and I hadnt signed anything or they had no proof I agreed to something their case would be weak.

Incidently when I had my BT line installed I didnt have a socket or a dropwire, I still managed to get my install fee waived.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12