Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky Talk Charges

This is a discussion on Sky Talk Charges within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I registered with Sky Talk about 3 week sback and today was my first billing after I had registered. I ...

roonster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Montfort, Leicester
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Talk Charges

I registered with Sky Talk about 3 week sback and today was my first billing after I had registered.

I have been charged for Sky TV and Sky Broadband but I have nothing for Sky Talk. I am on the free package but I am sure I made calls outside the free periods.

Two questions:
      1) When do I get charged for the calls I make
      2) Do I see the 'free' calls too

2. Advertisement
      Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Re: Sky Talk Charges

If you have been sensible and left your line rental with BT, you should never make any calls other than free ones via Sky Talk.

Please click the HERE link below to see how to make other types of calls more cheaply.
      Last edited by Heinz; 15-04-08 at 08:39 PM.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
      If you have been sensible and left your line rental with BT, you should never make any calls other than free ones via Sky Talk.

Please click the HERE link below to see how to make other types of calls more cheaply.

I am registered with a similar site of 18866 which costs 5p for a call no matter the length of it. But just curious as to how the Sky billing works as think I might have forgot the 18866 a few times.

Sky_Employee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,

It depends which package you are on.

If you have Sky Talk unlimited then you have 24/7 free calls to UK landlines and your mobile calls are 25% cheaper than BT option 1.. also free international calls to 10 popular destinations (USA, Germany, France etc..) This is all billed at a flat rate of 5 a month.

Sky Talk Freetime has no monthly fee, this entitles you to Free Evening and Weekend calls to UK landlines - Evening calls being between 6pm-6am and weekend calls between 6pm on the Friday to 6am on the Monday. All other calls will be charged.. theres also a 3p connection charge on calls outside those hours - so they charge you that before you even start talking - this connection charge isnt applicable on Sky Talk Unlimited.

Im not sure if you can see the free calls on your bill, but ill find out tonight and update this post shortly.

Hope this helps

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_Employee View Post
      Hi,

It depends which package you are on.

If you have Sky Talk unlimited then you have 24/7 free calls to UK landlines and your mobile calls are 25% cheaper than BT option 1.. also free international calls to 10 popular destinations (USA, Germany, France etc..) This is all billed at a flat rate of 5 a month.

Sky Talk Freetime has no monthly fee, this entitles you to Free Evening and Weekend calls to UK landlines - Evening calls being between 6pm-6am and weekend calls between 6pm on the Friday to 6am on the Monday. All other calls will be charged.. theres also a 3p connection charge on calls outside those hours - so they charge you that before you even start talking - this connection charge isnt applicable on Sky Talk Unlimited.

Im not sure if you can see the free calls on your bill, but ill find out tonight and update this post shortly.

Hope this helps

I'm on the Freetime package. I am sure I made some calls outside the free time; when do they appear. The next billing after I made or sometime later?

pntalbot8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I`m on Sky Anytime and receive a Bill of ALL ( except 0800 nos ) calls made through-out the month, on the same date every month, mine being 21st.
      Any free calls ( not 0845/ 0870) appear on Bill as time 00.00 and cost appears as 0.00. Calls made to NGN numbers--ie 0870 / 0845 etc appear on this same Bill. 0800 free Call Numbers don`t appear on Bill at all.Don`t make Calls to 0845/ 0870 etc though--if your on BT Rental and not Sky Rental, because there cheaper with Bt--so dial `1280` before these numbers, to get back into Bt system.Then these calls appear on you next BT Bill
      You can have a Sky Bill , sent to your Email Address, or sent thro` Post

pntalbot8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I`m on Sky Anytime and receive a Bill of ALL ( except 0800 nos ) calls made through-out the month, on the same date every month, mine being 21st.
      Any free calls ( not 0845/ 0870) appear on Bill as time 00.00 and cost appears as 0.00. Calls made to NGN numbers--ie 0870 / 0845 etc appear on this same Bill. 0800 free Call Numbers don`t appear on Bill at all.Don`t make Calls to 0845/ 0870 etc though--if your on BT Rental and not Sky Rental, because there are cheaper with Bt--so dial `1280` before these numbers, to get back into Bt system.Then these calls appear on you next BT Bill

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pntalbot8 View Post
      Any free calls ( not 0845/ 0870) appear on Bill as time 00.00 and cost appears as 0.00. Calls made to NGN numbers--ie 0870 / 0845 etc appear on this same Bill. 0800 free Call Numbers don`t appear on Bill at all.Don`t make Calls to 0845/ 0870 etc though--if your on BT Rental and not Sky Rental, because there are cheaper with Bt--so dial `1280` before these numbers, to get back into Bt system.Then these calls appear on you next BT Bill

Do you get billed the same time as tv / broadband?

newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Your billing for calls happen the month after.

I have been SKY TV billed for april today (one month in advance) and my calls are showing March 9th march to 3rd april.

It looks like Sky cut off the Telephone billing about 14 days before the bill is produced. Was your calls taken over by sky within the 14 day billing cycle?

Thanks to Heinz and others I have started to use the Orchid Dialler to route calls between Sky, BT and 18185.

fingers crossed I make a substational saving.
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cant remember when I turned over but that might explain why not got the calls - so may see something in the May invoice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast