Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Price of calls to Canary Islands

This is a discussion on Price of calls to Canary Islands within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have telephoned Sky a number of times and have always been told that the Canaries are included. But there ...

sterlingtimes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Berkswell
      Broadband ISP: Zen
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Price of calls to Canary Islands

I have telephoned Sky a number of times and have always been told that the Canaries are included.

But there is some inconsistencies in Sky's published tariffs.

However, I have telephoned the Canaries at least weekly for a year and have never been charged for the calls. They are treated as Spain.

2. Advertisement
      Harvey15 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Morpeth
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Are you on the Sky Talk unlimited package? I want to check I am comparing like with like.
      Incidentally I emailed my complaint a week ago and I am still waiting for a reply, the service has still not improved. Hugely disappointed.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Having looked at the reply you received again, I don't think you have anything to worry about. The person who answered your original query obviously has not read the Terms properly and may not even know what 'Bold italics' means. If you are on Unlimited I do not think you will be charged for your calls. If you are, then is the time to kick up a stink.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Calls to the Canary Islands are included in Sky Unlimited. The answer from Sky shows just how poorly their people are trained when the customers can get it right and Sky get it wrong. Sky could get rid of a lot of their dead wood and give a better service with a lot less emplyees.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey15 View Post
      Are you on the Sky Talk unlimited package? I want to check I am comparing like with like.
      Incidentally I emailed my complaint a week ago and I am still waiting for a reply, the service has still not improved. Hugely disappointed.
      Categorically, I am on Sky Talk Unlimited and my calls are never charge for. See text extract from bill with last three digits replaced by x's

25/10/2008 08:59:00 0034922730XXX (Canary Island) 00:24:05 International Calls 0.000

Sky documentation is inconsistent. Call Centre staff cannot answer without seeking supervisory opinion, but the truth is that rightly or wrongly Sky does not bill for these calls and hasn't done so since I moved to the service. BT does charge for Canary Island calls. It's a lottery as to the answer you get from Sky but I stopped rocking the boat when I could see that calls were free.

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sterlingtimes View Post
      Call Centre staff cannot answer without seeking supervisory opinion, but the truth is that rightly or wrongly Sky does not bill for these calls and hasn't done so since I moved to the service.
      I think we have to take into account here the standard of education in this country these days. I doubt that many of the call centre staff know that the Canary Islands are Spanish - they probably think they're a country called Canaria.
      Last edited by Heinz; 17-11-08 at 09:58 AM.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

In this case the Call Centre staff do have the problem of inconsistent documentation to contend with. The only fact here is that Sky do not [presently] charge for calls to the Canary Islands of less than 60 minutes per call on Unlimited. The current documentation leans towards supporting the conjecture that calls to the Canaries are within the list of "20" even though the list exceeds 20.

For those with friends and family in the Canaries this is not a minor issue.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

My new bill comes out in about a week so I will find out for real at that point. The news from this thread sounds positive in that in reality I am unlikely to be charged for this. I'll report back when the bill comes in, hopefully I will be with rest of you who ring the Canaries and do not pay.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Price of calls to Canary Islands

Well our Sky bill was posted today and the calls to the Canaries were down but no charge was against them. So, they clearly are free as per the other posts on this thread but the employees of Sky are not aware of this. Worryingly poor to say the least.
      I have still had no reply to my complaint about this issue, should I be surprised at this?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey15 View Post
      Well our Sky bill was posted today and the calls to the Canaries were down but no charge was against them. So, they clearly are free as per the other posts on this thread but the employees of Sky are not aware of this. Worryingly poor to say the least.
      I have still had no reply to my complaint about this issue, should I be surprised at this?
      Thank you, Harvey.

I was expecting that you would be zero charged.

Let's keep our eyes on our bills in case the position changes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast