Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No caller ID with SKy Line Rental

This is a discussion on No caller ID with SKy Line Rental within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by gregh That assumes you remember to play by their silly, changeable overnight rules, otherwise it costs significantly ...

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Re: No caller ID with SKy Line Rental

Quote Originally Posted by gregh View Post
      That assumes you remember to play by their silly, changeable overnight rules, otherwise it costs significantly more.
      May I recommend an Orchid dialler to you then - multiple programming options for 'transparent' dialling via the cheapest carrier for all types of call at all times (no, I'm not connected with the firm).
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

2. Advertisement
      gregh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
      May I recommend an Orchid dialler to you then - multiple programming options for 'transparent' dialling via the cheapest carrier for all types of call at all times (no, I'm not connected with the firm).
      blimey, neat bit of kit! I've ended up paying the anytime 5 a month as we make lots of calls to Australia.
      http://www.pocketpcsoft.net Windows Phone software, forums and freeware

http://www.smartphonesoft.com for Android & other Smartphone software and freeware

Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gregh View Post
      blimey, neat bit of kit! I've ended up paying the anytime 5 a month as we make lots of calls to Australia.
      To be fair, my daughter has too - just for 'anytime' UK 01/02 calls by her kids for 5/month (although inclusive calls to Spain are nice to have too).
      Last edited by Heinz; 16-12-07 at 05:54 PM.

jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203 / 4.2
      Sky TV: Q 2TB & 4xMinis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
      To be fair, my daughter has too - just for 'anytime' UK 01/02 calls by her kids for 5/month (although inclusive calls to Spain are nice to have too).
      To be honest with you, I love Sky Talk Unlimited package (as CPS for out going calls) very much, keeping my 1973 BT phone line with Caller ID as it is, its looks like my handy plan is working perfectly!! So far, every month, my Sky Talk Unlimited bill shows a total of between 280 - 305 calls have been made in every month and its all free, not even one of these calls charges me at all, mostly local calls, and some of the calls are National, USA, Spain, Germany, Italy and Netherlands as well. So far, its only 70 every month for the full Sky package including 5 for Sky Talk Unlimited package and never goes above 70 yet!!

My mum is loving it!! As she uses the phone a lot most of the time, and she's knows my handy plan, and as for me, loving it, laughing my head off!! I can't believe it and the same with my parents as we like "WOW! 305 calls in one month! And its all free???" laughs... "Lucky, we have Sky Talk Unlimited for 5 a month, its much better than Cable / Virgin Media, otherwise VM will charge us a very HUGE phone bill". And I just finish it off saying "That's very good and that's what I like to see, keep it up, you can continue using the phone but don't ring mobile or 118 118 on the house phone".

I strongly recommeded this Sky Talk Unlimited package, if you want to make a lot of phone calls like my mum as an example, but follow my handy plan, you'll be very surprised that how much you'll be saving every month!!
      Last edited by jonathanen; 18-12-07 at 12:33 PM.

Ardbeggordon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wideopen
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Hi ,
      I just noticed the Sky talk Line Rental today and after a bit of investigation at my end found BT had slipped an extra 7 on the bill for 1571 and caller I.D. So my quarterly bill is now 40+ . So i rang Sky and asked about their deal , caller I.D. is included so i decided rather than give BT an extra 10+ a quarter i'd keep it in my pocket especially as we don't use the phone a lot .
      It's not a great deal more money i know , just the principal .
      Now when i'm moved i'll give BT a ring just to make sure they've cancelled as going off my Broadband move , they are not too clever in stopping the payments after you've left ......Greedy buggers !!!!!

Slainte
      Gordon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeggordon View Post
      I just noticed the Sky talk Line Rental today and after a bit of investigation at my end found BT had slipped an extra 7 on the bill for 1571 and caller I.D.
      Oh dear, you must have missed the notifications about 3/quarter for 1571 and 5.25/quarter for Caller Display if you don't make at least 2 chargeable calls per month via BT (see [6] under the 'HERE' link below).

I make 2 x 4p evening or weekend UK 01/02 calls via BT to make sure I'm not charged.

OTOH, not many of my other calls go via BT now - I only put the few 0845 and 0870 calls for which BT is cheaper than 18185 via them - see the 'HERE' link below.
      Last edited by Heinz; 23-12-07 at 04:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12