Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Making other phones work

This is a discussion on Making other phones work within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Hope i am in the correct section as new to this forum,here goes,I have just installed my wireless broadband ...

redge010460 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Making other phones work

Hi,
      Hope i am in the correct section as new to this forum,here goes,I have just installed my wireless broadband and running great now i need to make my other telephones work as i have moved to sky talk.My main phone connected to the BT Socket works find but none of my extentions do.I was told to leave only 2 and 5 wires in the sockets before connecting my ADSL to the extention but when i connect any phone up i still get a dead line.Can anty one help with this and point me in the right set up direction.Thanx in advance for any help.

2. Advertisement
      jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

Re: Making other phones work

have you installed a filter for each of the extension phones?

Are all your sockets correctly wired?

Moving to Sky talk won't have stopped your phones from working, you are still using BT's line, you're just being billed for calls by Sky.

Are you using a filtered faceplate?

A little more info is required!

redge010460 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for replying.I was on cable before and have had to have a new BT phone line and socket installed.This is not connected to any other phone extention but like a said i was told to connect my ASDL connecter which were supplied with my router to my extentions, keep only wires 2 and 5 in the sockets and my phones would work.This is what i have done and obviously it has not worked.

Thanks

Ok... I take it your router is connected to the new BT socket, and you connect wirelessly to your PC. You say that your new BT socket is NOT connected to any of the extensions and the phones on these extensions won't work - is that right? In that case, what are the extensions connected to? (what are they extensions of?) If you want your other phones/extensions to work on your new BT line, they will need to be connected to the new BT line. You should only need 2 & 5 connected as long as you have a filter on each (wired) handset.
      It sounds as though you may be confusing your wireless broadband, with wireless skytalk through the router - which isn't possible. your phones will need to be connected to BT's network and Sky bill you for calls and Bt charge you for line rental.

Apologies if i'm getting the wrong end of the stick here. Sorry to repeat myself, but a little more info goes a long way!

Thanks

any joy then?