Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Nasser Hussain Catches A New World Record

This is a discussion on Nasser Hussain Catches A New World Record within the Sky Sports forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...w-world-record Sky Sports are reaching new heights this summer ahead of the England v Pakistan Test series, as cricket presenter ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Nasser Hussain Catches A New World Record

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...w-world-record

Sky Sports are reaching new heights this summer ahead of the England v Pakistan Test series, as cricket presenter Nasser Hussain attempted to set a new Guinness World Record for the highest catch of a cricket ball.

Officially regulated by the Guinness World Record team, Hussain had three attempts to catch a ball from a minimum of 100ft. The ball was dropped from a Batcam drone above Lordís Cricket Ground and fell at an estimated speed of 74mph.

On the first attempt the ball was dropped from a height of 100ft, which is more than three times the height of the Lordís Pavilion. Hussain caught the ball with ease, thereby officially setting the Guinness World Record.

For his second attempt, the former England Captain chose to raise the height of the catch to 150ft. Despite the wind, speed of the ball and extreme height, he was able to successfully catch the ball and increase his previous record.

On the final attempt Hussain daringly raised the height of the catch to the capacity of the Batcam at 400ft. However, this challenge proved too tough as the wind blew the ball across the ground and was recorded as an unsuccessful attempt.

After setting the record, Nasser Hussain said: ďSky Sports are always looking to push the limits and be innovative in their approach to coverage, and this was certainly a very different experience for me. It was great fun to spend the morning attempting to catch cricket balls dropped from a drone at the home of cricket Ė something I never thought I would do. But I am looking forward to giving my hands a rest and getting back to the commentary box for the upcoming Test match.Ē

Sky Sports viewers can enjoy an unrivalled schedule of cricket this summer with live coverage of the four England v Pakistan Test matches beginning on July 14th. The international ODIs and T20s will also be live on Sky during August and September. The live cricket is part of a summer of sport on Sky that also includes The Open, The British GP and international rugby union from the southern hemisphere.

Over the next five years Sky Sports will show over 50 England Tests and more than 360 days of live England cricket, including Englandís 2016 tour of Bangladesh.

2. Advertisement
      FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Nasser Hussain Catches A New World Record

I didn't know that Nasser Hussain's balls had dropped.