Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree8Likes

Sky f1 hd red button crashes box

This is a discussion on Sky f1 hd red button crashes box within the Sky Sports forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; Hi guys I have had a problem where the red button crashes the digibox on the f1 (flagship) channel. This ...

Pete is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Laindon,Essex
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max 14714 kbps
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sky f1 hd red button crashes box

Hi guys

I have had a problem where the red button crashes the digibox on the f1 (flagship) channel.
      This has happened to me at various times of the year and has been happening for at least a year for me but I have found evidence on the skyhelp forum of this happening back in 2012.
      I have called sky and posted on their help site and just keep getting fobbed off, the last thread I posted in on their site has been closed because some people were giving them a hard time, me included.
      I filmed the digibox crash on my mobile as they had asked to see video evidence and when confronted with this evidence they repeatedly deleted the links I had given until such a time as they had no choice but to admit the problem.
      Here is the YouTube link I posted

I am at a loss as to what to do which is why I am posting here, any advice would go down a treat

Many thanks

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts
      Hello Pete,

Specifically which STB do you have please?

Also do you have a link to the thread on the Skt foeums?

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Re: Sky f1 hd red button crashes box

hello and thanks for picking this up

i have the Amstrad drx890 stb and heres the link to the 'others'
      Sky Sports F1 red button: no menu after loading, e... - Sky Community

e2a i wasnt the thread starter my user name 'total cr-p' seemed to fit at the time

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

I use this every F1 weekend for practice, qualy and the race and have never had any problems this year at all.
      I've also asked on one of the F1 forums I subscribe to, where F1 fans discuss everything tv and broadcasting and noone there have had any problems this year.

Just scanned that thread quickly, but some of the comments and language just put me off reading further to be honest.

Assume you keep up with the latest software and have the latest 13p one.
      It seems from your video its not starting rather than crashing.

Not sure if it will help, but often people say a planner rebuild helps with box problems.
      Last edited by lettice; 08-11-14 at 08:32 AM.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply

It only happenes during the race, all free practice and qualifing works without a hitch.
      Had this problem in Singapore and Japan everything worked for Russia and then failed again for the USA race.

Also had this last year as well, when I called sky they asked if I still had the problem and I couldn't check because race was over. Then when it failed the next race I called them and had to do a multitude of things including a planner rebuild by this time I had missed half the race. It did work tho

Ill do a planner rebuild just to say that Ive done it and see what happens, id say its a crash because to be able to use my box I have to pull the power cord and reboot

Thanks

Could I ask you to empty the 'Deleted' tab in the Planner as well please?

Just in case, using your Sky remote press <TV Guide> <Green> <Left> <Down>. Press <Yellow> to remove each individual item.

As lettice has asked, please triple check that you have the latest firmware too, which is R010.070.58.13P . It is available on the DR Stream should your STB not have it.I was going to attempt to replicate the issue, but in your last post you have said that it only fails during the race. The Brazilian race is on tomorrow afternoon so it can be checked then.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Ok. I have now read the thread and have a better understanding about what has been said.

I deal with Graham-H behind the scenes on a regular basis and I know that he will be chasing people as much as he is able to. He personally won't be fixing the issue, but he does have some influence on getting things pushed forward. The fact that he and others have confirmed that the issue is being investigated and worked upon means that someone or a small team are working on this, so it will be fixed.

Obviously I am not in a position to say just how long or even confirm that the issue has been fixed in time for tomorrow.

I believe that the issue was present prior to R010 going public. Could you confirm this for me please?

I have also raised this with the Beta Group to see if anyone else as noticed this previously and asked if any of the group can check things tomorrow afternoon. I'll report back what I can but much of the discussions there have to remain there and can't be posted outside the group (NDA).

I am of course hopeful that the issue has been resolved in time for tomorrow's race. Since it is the last of the season, we won't be able to check through things until 15th March 2015 when the Australian F1 Grand Prix is held.

Edit: Sorry I forgot the Abu Dhabi race in 2 weeks.

Just to pick up upon what lettice has mentioned and what was mentioned in the Sky forums, before things get heated here, each forum has its rules. SkyUser is no different in this respect. Of course none of the SkyUser staff work for Sky/BSkyB, but there are some things we must still be mindful of. Many of our membership do work for Sky and whilst members are much freer to say some things, we do ask people to respect one another and also to be mindful of the laws which came into effect not so long ago about defamation.
      Last edited by Scubbie; 08-11-14 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks

There are the full race replays during the week after each race where the red button f1 feed is also active.
      They have missed a few races this year, but nice to test on those too.

Thanks

thanks a lot for everything, it is appreicated

I can confirm issue was present last year before R010 although I couldn't say what it was before as Ive never checked.
      I'm currently on Model number RO10.07058.13P Version number 4f3101 so I do believe it is up to date.

I wasn't aware that the red button was active on the weekday replays, something to look at if I'm not at work, thanks for that.

I do understand and will respect all forum rules. At last I feel listened to, the lack of communication and unanswerd PM's was very frustrating

Thanks

Just another thing to look at.
      Check your sky box hd resolution output.
      I noticed someone has mentioned that Sony TVs and a few other makes have problems with red button feeds on sky and virgin boxes when set to auto modes.

From your sky remote services>settings>picture and change HD Resolution Output to 1080i rather than auto or experiment.
      Scubbie and gymno like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast