Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Like Tree8Likes

Sky f1 hd red button crashes box

This is a discussion on Sky f1 hd red button crashes box within the Sky Sports forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; As above for me yesterday during qualifying. That's new for me as never had trouble on the Saturday...

PeteF1HD is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky f1 hd red button crashes box

As above for me yesterday during qualifying. That's new for me as never had trouble on the Saturday

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Had no trouble with red button throughout the race today or over the whole weekend.
      Managed to watch every F1 session fine, along with Formula e and todays thruxton all day on itv4.
      itv4 iplayer was a joke though, stutters very badly at times. So switched to sky go for itv4 and had no problems.
      The f1 official app live timing and text commentary was a joke again.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

I've posted a comment on these reports. All I can say is that this issue has gone on for too long and it still has not been properly resolved.

Hopefully the team behind it will find their annual bonuses are missing.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've just found out that sky have charged me for the engineer that came to fix THEIR problem on THEIR equipment and did nothing but change the connectors on the end of the cables.

I have now come to the end of my tether and have called sky and managed to get a refund and as soon as the refund is showing in my bank account I will be calling them back and will cancel my contract.

I guess I will never know what the problem is, the engineer that came seems to think its a viewing card problem, if so this whole mess could've been sorted with a new card years ago. I love my F1 but I love my sanity and my money even more.

Thanks

I hate it when Sky does that. Nice to hear that you got it refunded but they really shouldn't have charged you for the callout in the first place.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Exchange:
      Thanks

I thought my last post would have been the last but it seems sky took it upon themselves to not bother refunding any monies to my account. After 3 days of waiting I called back to see what was going on only to be told that they had no idea why the money wasn't refunded and promptly refunded my money (to my sky account not my bank account where they had taken it from). After that I again asked to get put though to cancellations.

Now where to start with this lot, after again telling them why I was cancelling they practically begged me stay on the line so they could fix the issue, after me telling them that they cannot fix it they offered me a new box, when I told them I had had a new box fitted in January (they had no record of this) and still get problems they said this time they would send me a brand new one not a refurbished one. My reply was something like "how do you know I didn't get a new box in January you don't even have a record of me getting any box", again I was asked to stay on hold. This time on return I was offered an engineer to come and relocate the dish, when I refused this explaining that I live on the top of a hill with no obstructions and am about 400 meters above sea level the extra 2 or 3 meters gained would in fact do nothing at all.

I did manage to cancel my contract after telling them no less than 10-12 times in the 75 minute phone call that this is what I wanted only to be told that there is a 31 day cancellation policy that takes me beyond my last payment and so I would encounter another bill. Well I have cancelled my direct debt and sky can go whistle for any monies they say I owe, Ill not get back the monies refunded because they only refund to sky account and not bank account.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND SKY TO ANYONE AS LONG AS I LIVE AND WILL ENCOURAGE ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO DITCH SKY AND SHOW THEM THE FREE ALTERNATIVES WITH THE VARIOUS OTHER BOXES AND SUCH

Thanks

I'm sorry that it has come to this.

Often a suitable credit is shown in your My Sky account in the next month's charges.

Cancelling your Direct Debit isn't always a good idea these days. You have a lot of rights to prevent firms from abusing the DD system, but they can also use the same system to process any refunds.

Let us know how you get on.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678