Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Is this a record?

This is a discussion on Is this a record? within the Sky Sports forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; I found this black vinyl disk with a hole in the middle.... ;-) No seriously - just finished watching the ...

Meteosat is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Porthcawl (S.Wales)
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Is this a record?

I found this black vinyl disk with a hole in the middle.... ;-)

No seriously - just finished watching the world matchplay golf from last weekend and note the last day's coverage was a single uninterrupted recording of 575 minutes of HD - amounting to 25% on my older box - is this a record for the length of a live programme I wonder? Great to watch though - specially the blizzard earlier!

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Is this a record?

It does not even come close to the longest live broadcast record. This belongs to a German TV program, something like Big Brother, which ran uninterrupted for nearly a full year. The Golf programs are all pretty long, and there is that annual torture called Wimbeldon, which always has broadcasts lasting several hours. Nearly 10 hours is a long time though, your bum must have been sore when you got up.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Meteosat is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Porthcawl (S.Wales)
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Is this a record?

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It does not even come close to the longest live broadcast record. This belongs to a German TV program, something like Big Brother, which ran uninterrupted for nearly a full year. The Golf programs are all pretty long, and there is that annual torture called Wimbeldon, which always has broadcasts lasting several hours. Nearly 10 hours is a long time though, your bum must have been sore when you got up.
      I got stuck in the bunker on the 19th hole

Actually watched it in fast forward mode over three days, so not so bad in the end. There are so many advert breaks i find it the only way really. Cheers