Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sky and 2012 F1 coverage

This is a discussion on Sky and 2012 F1 coverage within the Sky Sports forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; Originally Posted by Isitme It is your much loved Conservatives who have forced them to do this with their draconian ...

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

Re: Sky and 2012 F1 coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It is your much loved Conservatives who have forced them to do this with their draconian cuts

I am pretty sure your mum will be paying the license anyway.
      well maybe so but we cant keep going on the way where going spending money on stupid waste likw quangos who do nowt or wasting money on stupid art

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Without this getting into an almighty row over who cause all the current issues, it was Gordon Brown who left us in this mess.

He allowed the Bankers to run amok with even less restrictions than they ever had before and more control over their own destiny. They got greedy and messed it all up.

Gordon Brown then messed it up even more by giving the Bank more billions of pounds of Tax Payer's money and allowed them to continue to rip off everyone by paying each other millions in bonuses.

Now the fun bit is that all the previous systems were laid down many many years ago by another Government (don't ask me which party) and that allowed the mess to be created in the first place.

Now does anyone want to buy some 2nd hand ducks? I would say that they are going cheep, but anyone should know that that is quakers!

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

steelysteph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancaster
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM Hub 3
      Sky TV: 2TB Minnie Mous
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1984 View Post
      ....... or wasting money on stupid art
      Would you like to expand on this? Is it all art that you consider stupid and a waste of money?

Thanks

art statues that go out in public is a waste not so much art museums

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1984 View Post
      art statues that go out in public is a waste not so much art museums
      Please be careful not to tar every Statue with the same brush.

I posted a link to the Spitfire memorial in the Friday thread the other night. This was generally complemented.

This country has a long history of large artistic objects. There are many horses carved in to the chalky hillsides across the country and there are statues in most Towns, Cities and Villages commemorating people or events.

Getting back to your original statement which had a go at Quangos in general, perhaps you should also realise the work that many of them do actually perform.

A prime example is the Office of Fair Trading. This body is often in the news when large firms want to attempt to buy out the competition and quash any other companies. The alternative is that Tesco has all the local shops closed down and just their Hypermarkets 2 miles outside your town so that you must drive there in order to get a Mars Bar.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

yea i aceept memorials but other statues like art statues like er angel of the north and thingsl ike that are a waste

Thanks

All statues are a form of art.

The gates on the corner of Hyde Park are a work of art. They were made for The Queen Mother. Are you suggesting that they are a waste of money?

Queen Mother Gates, Hyde Park, London

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Moved a long way from Sky and F1, haven't we

As for statues, they are not art per say, some are and some are not. The Angel of the North and the proposed White horse of the South are not art in my opinion, they are more like decorative billboards.

Churchill's statue in Parliament Square is not art, Michelangelo's statue of David in Florence is.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

matrix is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

This thread seems to have moved away from SKY and F1. As an F1 fan who has just found out that SKY are devoting a sports channel to F1 coverage alone and that it will only be available to those who subscribe to the SKY Sports package here are my humble views.

I have never subscribed to the SKY Sports Channels because I do not like football, cricket, rugby, tennis, athletics, boxing, wrestling or any other sport that is covered by the SKY Sports channels.

I do follow F1 and have done for years and I like to watch other motorsports now and again all of which are on Eurosport or one of the ITV channels.

I am a SKY subscriber to the basic package but I do not see why I should pay another 20 per month just to watch the F1 Channel. Why should I have to pay 20 per month for a whole host of sports coverage that I will never watch?

Don't get me wrong, I can understand that it is only right that I pay and I would certainly consider subscribing to the SKY Sport F1 channel but at a reduced rate to those paying for several sports channels as I refuse to pay for other sports coverage that I will never watch.

You would not go out for a meal in a restaurant and expect to pay for four meals even though you only consumed one meal, would you?!

I realise that SKY is such a big organisation that they can charge what they like for what coverage they like knowing that enough people will pay to compensate for the loss of my custom so I'm just expressing my humble view.

Thanks

I am with you there matrix and I suspect that there will be many others who would be more than a little upset if they had to subscribe to Sky Sports 1 & 2 in order to be able to watch the new Sky Sports F1 channel.

What was missing from the announcement was confirmation that the only way to view the channel would be to subscribe to the two main Sky Sports channels.

I would hope that for a smaller fee some people would be able to just view the F1 channel.

I am sure that if enough people contacted Sky over this they would either make an announcement confirming that you must subscribe to the two sports channels or let people know what the price would be.

Hmmm... Upon further investigation, and before submitting this post, I have found an intriguing post for you all:

Sky Help Forum - Re: Sky Motorsport / F1 - Page 2 - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum
      Hi Folks,

I can see there is some confusion surrounding the requirements to view this channel.

This channel will be available to customers who subscribe to:
      • Sky Sports 1 & 2 and / or,
      • The HD mix of channels.

I hope this has cleared up any confusion.

Thanks,

Garry
      Sky Knowledge Advisor
      So may be you do not have to subscribe to the F1 Channel via Sky sports after all!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast