Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Will sky sports to us be cheaper?

This is a discussion on Will sky sports to us be cheaper? within the Sky Sports forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; It will happen, the premiership and several other sports bodies are not happy at all with this ruling. With a ...

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Will sky sports to us be cheaper?

It will happen, the premiership and several other sports bodies are not happy at all with this ruling. With a massive drop in funding from Sky they would have to look elsewhere for sponsors and in this climate a lot of groups out there would look to input as little as possible knowing that without Sky the leagues would have to either accept the lower income or not have it at all.
      The only way the sports would survive without the massive income from Sky would be to drop wages and put tickets up. How long do you think the sports would continue to pull in top names if that happened?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

And Ofcom were right to attack because Sky's dominance
      Have you ever wondered why they are dominant? If Virgin invested in sports they may have put up a bit of opposition. All they seem to have put money into is a GP car that can't hold enough fuel to finish a race. No wonder they need subsidised by Sky. Forcing a company to sell its products at a lower price is not going to encourage competition, on the contrary its going to stifle it.

I am sure Virgin will be reducing the cost of the packages to consumers.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Currently Sky charge VM 14 per month for Sky Sports and Ofcom want to drop that to 10.

Given how much VM charge their customers I reckon it should be greedy VM not Sky.

Even if VM drops it's price that's a massive price hike for just allowing it onto their network.

Also I notice that VM is very poor in maintaining it's network, a cabinet was vandalised 6 weeks ago and and had it's top ripped off exposiing the cables.

I called it in as kids have been playing with the cables not 1 virgin engineer has come out in all that time, shows you how much they care for their customers.

Anyways by the time we get to the high court we may well have a new government who will have other priorites and ofcom may have a shake up.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

davidmcd88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01236
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Does every single post you make have to be about slagging Sky off?

I understood that you were unhappy when I read your first one.
      rofl, virgin are charging you not sky....

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Its makes me sick to the teeth when I read posts about people complaining about how pricy Sky is, they want it cheaper etc etc. Well Sky is a company thats put thousands and thousands into its business and the outcome is quality programing and service.

Sky services are like a car.................. what I mean is.

If you like a top of the range car your expected to pay for it and if you cant afford that car then get something cheaper.

Sky prices are smack on and would not expect them to drop it for anyone, not VM, BT, moaning customers anyone. With Ofcom stepping in and forcing Sky to provide "THEIR" programing to VM cheaper is just a smack in the face to BskyB, its staff and customers to be honest and I hope BskyB fight for its rights.

If you dont like Sky, its prices, its services or staff then dont subscribe and get freeview.

Simples.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123