Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Will sky sports to us be cheaper?

This is a discussion on Will sky sports to us be cheaper? within the Sky Sports forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; Originally Posted by NewsreadeR People moan about Sky and the pricing, but that's the same in any other aspect of ...

bulldog147 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cuckoo Oak
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: 1 x Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Will sky sports to us be cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post

People moan about Sky and the pricing, but that's the same in any other aspect of life. The difference is Sky did the job properly in the first place.

Ofcom are absolutely useless and I feel that their decision is totally unfair to BSkyB - They should have told BT and VM to shut up and stop acting like little babies. If these two companies wanted the same quality of available services, they should go and build their own studios, invest in their own kit, and then pay the asking prices for the rights of TV programmes and sports fixtures alike.
      I disagree! Ofcom are there to protect us and stop greedy company get away with it like Sky did. You must think of poor families who cannot afford sky anymores because of low income, credit crunch (job losses) and I am glad that BT and VM want to get it cheaper competition one day, and I hope Sky will lose it business one day as they are greedy charged 10 for multiroom, charged 10 for HD, charged 18 for 1 single useless pack, extra pack cost 1 extra and sky sports pack is crazy well too expensive and sky movies too (with silly repeating all the times) and charging 10 a month for recording playback function even the box belong to your! cannot recording or playback on most freeview channels.

On freeview box or tv they had FTA sky news, sky sports news, virgin 1 but on sky+ box without subscription +, it will not show any FTA sky news, sky sports news and virgin 1 on it (I had complaint to OFCOM of that) they agreed with me and they will look into this matter for unfair competition by BSKYB.

I don't like SKY at all. They try to get sky player on xbox, pc, mobile phone, windows media centre, sky dish on all flats, etc and they try to get sky player on freeview tv one day but charging !

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog147 View Post
      You must think of poor families who cannot afford sky anymores because of low income, credit crunch (job losses)
      You should try freeview or freesat, that i why the government granted such things.

Based on your stance on life, I am looking forward to the government forcing Porsche to sell their cars cheaply..... I've always wanted one. And that cruise every 6 months is looking good.

You have to live by your means. The problem with this country is that we think that we are all entitled to anything we want and if it;s out of ur price range, then the government should get involved so that we can still get it.

So you want Sky to go out of business... good for you. Sky Sports will disappear, the Premiership will become a second rate league and wont attarct any good players.

bulldog147 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cuckoo Oak
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: 1 x Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky should drop the charge for sky plus function features and I will drop my case complaint to ofcom!

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky does not charge for Sky+ functions if you have a sky sub. If you dont have a sky sub then it's 10pm,but in that case you should be getting either freeview+ or freesat+ in which case there isn't a sub. No one forces you to have sky!

Good luck with your complaint.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I am glad that BT and VM want to get it cheaper competition one day
      If you think these companies are going to pass any savings on to their viewers you are even more deluded than you appear to be, and that is saying something.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog147 View Post
      I don't like SKY at all.
      So why did you join them then as you had a choice and nobody forced you to go with them if you were that unhappy.

This biggest issue I have with this is the fact that sports live Cricket (which I love) are going to hit big time if this comes into force. I couldn't careless about the over paid pre-madonnas that make up Premier League football but other sports are going to lose out. There is already talk of legal action and one thing is for sure is that this is going to run and run and this is all because BT and Virgin don't want to buy into sport themselves which is just wrong.

puskas is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 028256
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Yeah Branson is a right hood.No one is allowed to share Virgins Cable network yet they expect Sky to share sports rights ? BT I can kinda understand as they did do all the ground work so to speak for phone lines exchanges etc
      I never have trusted Branson minds me to much on Tony Blair

chillyyyy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

i love sky and think it kicks **** over virgins media,i know quite alot of people who have been with v/m and left to go over to sky and all are very satisfied with skys service,i dont see many people i know leaving sky to go to v/m i wonder why?

poorbroadband is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Does every single post you make have to be about slagging Sky off?

I understood that you were unhappy when I read your first one.
      Yeah but why reply to his post in a sarcastic tone? He was slagging off a corporate company, not you.

poorbroadband is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

So you want Sky to go out of business... good for you. Sky Sports will disappear, the Premiership will become a second rate league and wont attarct any good players.
      That'll never happen. And Ofcom were right to attack because Sky's dominance enables them to get a bit too greedy. Sky's packages could be a lot cheaper but all companies exist to make money and Sky are simply exploiting the lack competition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast