Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ESPN will cost 9 per month....

This is a discussion on ESPN will cost 9 per month.... within the Sky Sports forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; Originally Posted by speedyrite Steady now, look what happened to Setanta when they chucked money at football... I think the ...

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: ESPN will cost 9 per month....

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      Steady now, look what happened to Setanta when they chucked money at football...
      I think the difference is ESPN has very deep pockets, just like Sky. Also the two seem to be more into co-operating rather than competing (so where does that leave the EU?). I read elsewhere that Sky will produce the ESPN games even if they are branded as ESPN.

Do you have to take a full years subscription to ESPN or can you dip in and out on a monthly basis? Maybe if the latter you can choose the months that interest you most.

But it still seems an iffy business model (as it stands). Which is where Setanta failed.

2. Advertisement
      Huddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01604
      Broadband ISP: plus.net
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Thats annoyed me, when it was first announced there was talks it wil be 5, which is why when setanta went bust I subscribed to HD, if it was 5 then it would have only cost me an extra 2, now its going to cost me 7, was thinking ofdowngrading all sports and going down just to sports 1, may not seem worth doing this now.

Anyway on another note I notice setanta channels are no longer on the sky platform 418, 423 etc are no longer available to view a blank screen, a message now says channel not available.

stefbhoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Sky max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: sky+hd & sky+
      Thanks

unless they get the spl which is why i had setanta then they can ram it not bothered about epl only got sky sports sub for my spanish footie which is never in hd

CSK423 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

From what I have read to date ESPN will show 30 live SPL games and SKY will also show 30 live SPL games in the 2009/10 season all in HD.

I would be willing to pay the 9 per month if I knew my team, rangers, were getting enough coverage, after all the OF will attract the majority of subscriptions. What I have seen fixture wise they don't feature often enough.

Between SKY and ESPN Rangers opening game of the season raising the league flag is on neither channel !! With the celtic game on SS3 on Saturday surely ESPN would have televised the Rangers game in an attempt to rope in all those 9's per month. If they were I would have signed up by now.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CSK423 View Post
      With the celtic game on SS3 on Saturday surely ESPN would have televised the Rangers game in an attempt to rope in all those 9's per month. If they were I would have signed up by now.
      Perhaps there is an agreement in place that neither team can be shown at the same time/day ??

All I know about the deal is that Sky will be showing all the Old Firm games (I think that is right).

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Thanks

ESPN is bankrolled by the mighty Disney corp so they have extremely deep pockets and apparently refused to buy Sentanta out and just waited until they folded before buying what they wanted.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

CSK423 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Perhaps there is an agreement in place that neither team can be shown at the same time/day ??

All I know about the deal is that Sky will be showing all the Old Firm games (I think that is right).
      That may be true, but surely they could have moved the game to the next day ie Rangers KO on the saturday and Celtic the sunday. The last 5 seasons iirc have had the champions game televised as the first game.

Sky will be showing the first OF meeting of the season in October ? I wasn't aware they had the remaining OF meetings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CSK423 View Post
      That may be true, but surely they could have moved the game to the next day ie Rangers KO on the saturday and Celtic the sunday. The last 5 seasons iirc have had the champions game televised as the first game.

Sky will be showing the first OF meeting of the season in October ? I wasn't aware they had the remaining OF meetings.
      sky have all 4 old firm games and will cherry pick most games ie the old firm against hearts hibs and aberdeen maybe rangers did not want the game on tv to maximise a full house just a thought

Huddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01604
      Broadband ISP: plus.net
      Thanks

This has annoyed me:
      Virgin Media : Press Office : Press Release
      Surely Sky should do it free for cunstomers on 6 mix and sports and movies. I can understnad them charging if customers dont have everything but for customers to have 6 mixes, both Premium Mixes and HD Mix which I do to charge an additional fee (which me being a mug will pay) does seem a bit harsh now Virgin are offering it to free for customers who have XL TV, even if customers dont have Sky Sports.

Thanks

well if your not happy then hop on over to virgin and see how long you last m8 i was with them for over 2 years and all you get is constant tv down or broadband down or waahaay maybe even both id rather pay the 9 quid a month and stay with sky

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast