Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Picture on Drama ad Gold channels

This is a discussion on Picture on Drama ad Gold channels within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi We watch a lot of UK Gold and Drama programs on our Sky HD+ box and LG TV but ...

stuarttunstall is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Picture on Drama ad Gold channels

Hi

We watch a lot of UK Gold and Drama programs on our Sky HD+ box and LG TV but last week you seem to have made a change which now make this, for us unwatchable if viewing older programs..

For instance on Drama if we want to watch Fresh Field, Waiting for God or Keeping up appearances we now have to turn to Freeview to watch the program at full screen on our 43 inch LG… I appreciate these are old programs but they have ALWAYS filled the full screen with no black bars each side, Drama on Freeview it is perfect.

This happened about a week ago but then changed back for a few days until a couple of days ago it went back again… anyone else have this issue?

The other issue is UK Gold…

I appreciate that older programs on the Gold HD channel always did the narrow screen but turning to channel 810 cured this but that now seems to show narrow screen…

We watch a lot on these two channels, but now, if it is an old program on Drama we change to Freeview, and just don't watch it on GOLD..

I did email Sky but as usual, useless! they started off saying it was the cables.... they must have changed the something, then changed it back for a few days and now it is narrow again... all other channels are OK..

Both Drama and Gold were perfect until about a week ago.

I have just tried changing the TV aspect ratio from 16.9 to original but makes no difference on GOLD channel 810 and Only fools and horsed which is on now. Dont see why I need to change settings which have been OK up until now.... unless Sky have changed the way they broadcast

STuart
      Last edited by stuarttunstall; 08-11-20 at 10:41 AM.

2. Advertisement