Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cancelling TV element of Sky package...

This is a discussion on Cancelling TV element of Sky package... within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have left it a little late to get a response from this Community, but thought I would give it ...

ukdeejay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02380
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Cancelling TV element of Sky package...

I have left it a little late to get a response from this Community, but thought I would give it a go...

I am intending to cancel the TV element of my Sky package - keeping Phone & Bb - tomorrow, which is 30 days before the current contract ends (standard notice period for Sky), for a number of reasons. My questions (which I will try to get answered by the CS Agent when I call tomorrow) are:

1. When I cancel the TV service, will I still have access to the Recorded & Downloaded programmes already on my Sky+HD 'box'?

2. Will I still be able to receive the terrestrial (BBC, ITV, Ch4, Ch5 & their respective HD) & 'Free-to-Air' TV channels through the Sky 'box'?
      I have a 'digital' TV, so this is not too much of an issue as I can swap to the in-built tuner for these channels. TIA.
      Last edited by ukdeejay; 14-06-20 at 08:31 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cancelling TV element of Sky package...

No you won’t be able to view recorded content, but it will remain on the box and become accessible again if you reactivate your subscription.
      The box will continue to receive free to air “Freeview channels”
      One fly in the ointment is that if it is a Sky Q box rather than the older style HD+ boxes, is that Sky Q boxes remain the property of Sky and they will most likely want it back if you cancel your subs.
      Hope this helps.

ukdeejay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02380
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      No you won’t be able to view recorded content, ...
      Bummer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      One fly in the ointment is that if it is a Sky Q box rather than the older style HD+ boxes, is that Sky Q boxes remain the property of Sky and they will most likely want it back if you cancel your subs.
      It is the 'older' Sky+HD box - I'm not bothered anyway as that is one of the reasons (that I didn't mention in my original Post!) I am wanting to cancel the TV subscription, as well as wanting to economise. I am constantly getting 'There is a technical fault with this channel...', or 'Your Sky box is not receiving a signal', Error message on random channels but if I switch to the digital tuner in my TV the channel is fine! So, I reckon the box is faulty anyway... Sky are not interested in providing support - unless you pay an extra fee - added to which, I live in a block of flats so have a shared dish that complicates any attempts to find the problem! I have tried various 'fixes' found online - 'defragging', etc - to no avail!!!

Thanks for your info @Koala5

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cheapest way to fix is to look on eBay or FB market place for a second hand box. Many people flog them when they upgrade to Sky Q. Can usual pick one up from 5 to 20 if you keep a look out. Look for a DRX890 or DRX895, they were the latest 2 models before they moved to Sky Q, if the model number has a W on the end it indicates built in WiFi.