Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SkyHD to Sky+HD

This is a discussion on SkyHD to Sky+HD within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello everyone, my first post here! I currently have a Sky+HD box downstairs that works perfectly and a SkyHD Box ...

Xalion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

SkyHD to Sky+HD

Hello everyone, my first post here!
      I currently have a Sky+HD box downstairs that works perfectly and a SkyHD Box upstairs. I pay for multi-room.

Myquestion is…

If I were to purchase a Sky+HD box and swap this out for my SkyHD Box upstairs.Would I then get access to all Sky+HD functionality, e.g be able to record,pause, rewind etc and would I get access to be able to downloadprogrammes/series etc if networked.

Or do I need a separate contract from Sky to say that I now have Sky+HD in bothrooms?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: SkyHD to Sky+HD

Hello Xalion and welcome to the forum.

To get full Sky+ functionality a Sky+ HD box needs two cable connections to the dish whereas a Sky HD box only needs one.
      If there is only one feed you will need to select single feed mode in the hidden setup menu but you will then be limited to only being able to record the channel you are watching.

If you swap the boxes over the viewing card will need pairing to the new box. If the box has a network connection this may happen automatically else you will have to visit Activate my channels and follow the on screen instructions. Then go to https://mysky.sky.com/mysky/settings/remote-record and check that both your viewing cards are listed. If not phone Sky customer services and ask them to add a second Sky+ subscription to the account otherwise "On Demand" will not work. As you already have a Multiscreen subscription there is no charge for this and it will not effect the length of your contract with Sky.