Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

problems with sky tv and getting through to customer services

This is a discussion on problems with sky tv and getting through to customer services within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have had an email from Sky telling me my Sky bill will increase 3 from my next bill. I ...

c130patra is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

problems with sky tv and getting through to customer services

I have had an email from Sky telling me my Sky bill will increase 3 from my next bill. I was expecting an increase because of the movie package that was added a few days ago on a deal but not the additional 3 for the standard subscription. I tried to call customer services but the automated service goes round in a loop telling me I haven't got regular payment details on their system. I know I do as I updated these recently, and managed to talk to someone on Friday who confirmed it had updated. When I finally got through to customer services today (by withholding my phone number and entering one deliberately incorrectly when prompted), the person I spoke to kept telling me things that were not actually to do with my queries, such as 'you recently added the movie package which means your monthly charge will go up'. I already know this, my question was about the 3 increase showing on my next bill. She told me (after having me on hold for 23 minutes) that she had spoken to the escalation team who were there exclusively to support team leaders, and that they were sending out a final positioning letter regarding their position on my enquiry. Based on the fact she did not respond to what I was actually asking during the call, I am concerned that she did not accurately tell this escalation team what my enquiries were. I asked if I could talk with them to which she replied that customer services WERE the complaints department and a final positioning letter would be sent to me tomorrow. Is there a way I can contact this team directly? Or any dedicated complaints team within Sky? I was also enquiring about my Sky Go, which has never worked in two years, but her response to that was that I should wait for a call back from the Sky Go team. I love my Sky but I am very disappointed with the level of customer service today.

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: problems with sky tv and getting through to customer services

Quote Originally Posted by c130patra View Post
      I have had an email from Sky telling me my Sky bill will increase 3 from my next bill. I was expecting an increase because of the movie package that was added a few days ago on a deal but not the additional 3 for the standard subscription. I tried to call customer services but the automated service goes round in a loop telling me I haven't got regular payment details on their system. I know I do as I updated these recently, and managed to talk to someone on Friday who confirmed it had updated. When I finally got through to customer services today (by withholding my phone number and entering one deliberately incorrectly when prompted), the person I spoke to kept telling me things that were not actually to do with my queries, such as 'you recently added the movie package which means your monthly charge will go up'. I already know this, my question was about the 3 increase showing on my next bill. She told me (after having me on hold for 23 minutes) that she had spoken to the escalation team who were there exclusively to support team leaders, and that they were sending out a final positioning letter regarding their position on my enquiry. Based on the fact she did not respond to what I was actually asking during the call, I am concerned that she did not accurately tell this escalation team what my enquiries were. I asked if I could talk with them to which she replied that customer services WERE the complaints department and a final positioning letter would be sent to me tomorrow. Is there a way I can contact this team directly? Or any dedicated complaints team within Sky? I was also enquiring about my Sky Go, which has never worked in two years, but her response to that was that I should wait for a call back from the Sky Go team. I love my Sky but I am very disappointed with the level of customer service today.
      All advisors can deal with a complaint and offer a resolution. Whoever first opens the complaint should give you the reference code/number for that complaint - you will need this if you need to go to the ombudsman service about this.

If they need to they can raise this through to a manager. They should each be working to resolve this.

If you want to escalate this within Sky you could escalate by asking to cancel.

However this could lead to a similar problem.
      The advisor can offer a solution which you can either accept or refuse.

If you ask for a manager or refuse the resolution offered they will often need to arrange a callback within 7 days where they or their manager will callback to offer a resolution.

Again if you refuse that resolution then the manager can escalate to an internal escalation line where they may either authorise the manager to take further actions or may issue a deadlock letter if we can do nothing further.

When the deadlock letter is issued you can contact the ombudsman with your complaint.

No-one at Sky will want it to go that far. They will almost always do anything to stop it going that way.

If at any point you accept a resolution they need your permission to close that complaint. They should also advise you of any notes they (or anyone you discuss the complaint with) add to the complaint throughout the process. They should offer to give you the complaint reference number again at that point in case it needs to re-opened in the future.

[This process should be the same or similar to what other telecoms firms use.]
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky