Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree3Likes
    • 3 Post By dave richardson

Magic Eye is driving me mad

This is a discussion on Magic Eye is driving me mad within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Could someone help or suggest how to over come a problem please? The details of my sky box are R012.079.50.00P ...

dave richardson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Plymouth
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Magic Eye is driving me mad

Could someone help or suggest how to over come a problem please?

The details of my sky box are

R012.079.50.00P

Version number is 4f3151.

RF is set to 'ON' & channel 68

We are using Samsung flat panel TV's in both lounge & kitchen.

We've been using a magic eye on the kitchen tv for a couple years & it's worked as expected, sky picture quality is also up to scratch, recently the kitchen tv has been hesitant to change the sky channel to a point where it now doesn't change at all & the tv only recognises the first two numbers of any sky channel selected.

I've just purchased a replacement magic eye & sky remote, unfortunately the problem continues, the new remote works both the kitchen & lounge TV's, I've tried changing the rf out channel on the sky box from 68 to 21 again unfortunately to no avail.

Could someone in the know of magic eyes suggest a method of overcoming the problem please ?

David

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Magic Eye is driving me mad

Check the plugs on the co-axial leads. Ensure the centre conductor and braid are both making good connection and that there aren't any stray whiskers of copper bridging the insulation. Are there any bright lights or radiant heat sources shining on the TV/magic eye that could interfere with the signal from the remote control?

dave richardson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Plymouth
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks

Thank you Seawright,

I went back to Sky box & inspected the cables & remembered a SLX splitter placed in line after the RF out which had facilitated use of our bedroom & kitchen tvs, when this was removed from the circuit & the kitchen tv plugged directly into the sky box all worked well, so I guess it was the slx splitter which had become faulty & to be the cause of the problem

dave
      bubblegun, Scubbie and seawright like this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dave richardson For This Useful Post:

bubblegun (28-10-15)

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dave richardson View Post
      Thank you Seawright,

I went back to Sky box & inspected the cables & remembered a SLX splitter placed in line after the RF out which had facilitated use of our bedroom & kitchen tvs, when this was removed from the circuit & the kitchen tv plugged directly into the sky box all worked well, so I guess it was the slx splitter which had become faulty & to be the cause of the problem

dave
      Nowadays you could just use a passive splitter and the sky+ app to changes channels from another room provided the primary box is connected to Ethernet/WiFi.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky