Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Question about Sky Sports F1

This is a discussion on Question about Sky Sports F1 within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello, I am a big formula one fan and watch via the sky sports f1 channel however due to the ...

Steph2010 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Question about Sky Sports F1

Hello, I am a big formula one fan and watch via the sky sports f1 channel however due to the sky price hikes & finances in general something has to give and with the rest of the sports channels not getting watched its been decided that the sports pack has to go to cut the bill.

i remember that in the past sky f1 channel was part of the variety hd package but they changed this so new customers could only get it as part of the sports pack. but i have friends who were on/still are on the old variety hd pack who were able to drop the sports pack but keep the f1 channel.

on the my sky section of the website it has me listed as been on "Variety with Sports HD", we have not changed anything on the tv packages for a number of years now so should still be on the old variety pack.

i'd just like to know if we are on the old variety pack & could indeed drop the sports pack but keep the f1 channel.

like i said at the lead i am a big f1 fan & really want to keep watching & i love what sky offer with there coverage and use the ipad app and red button goodies (whatever happened to there website streaming in-car video this year?) so really want to keep the sky f1 channel.

thank you in advance for any help

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Re: Question about Sky Sports F1

Quote Originally Posted by Steph2010 View Post
      Hello, I am a big formula one fan and watch via the sky sports f1 channel however due to the sky price hikes & finances in general something has to give and with the rest of the sports channels not getting watched its been decided that the sports pack has to go to cut the bill.

i remember that in the past sky f1 channel was part of the variety hd package but they changed this so new customers could only get it as part of the sports pack. but i have friends who were on/still are on the old variety hd pack who were able to drop the sports pack but keep the f1 channel.

on the my sky section of the website it has me listed as been on "Variety with Sports HD", we have not changed anything on the tv packages for a number of years now so should still be on the old variety pack.

i'd just like to know if we are on the old variety pack & could indeed drop the sports pack but keep the f1 channel.

like i said at the lead i am a big f1 fan & really want to keep watching & i love what sky offer with there coverage and use the ipad app and red button goodies (whatever happened to there website streaming in-car video this year?) so really want to keep the sky f1 channel.

thank you in advance for any help
      Yes, but best to do this with a call (not online) and ensure you stay on the Variety (legacy) package.
      What you do not want to do is move to the family or other pack, as that will lose the F1 channel for you.
      But, you could always politely ask them for a discount offer, there is a half price one on line rental that many are getting at the moment, if you take it for another year.
      Especially as you seem to be a loyal customer and they would rather you paid something for sky sports than not have it at all
      Not sure what broadband you are on, but with sky sports they are still offering free broadband unlimited, a 7.50 saving a month.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

My two penneth:

As above - what lettice said but be very, vey careful.

I do recall a post on an other forum whereby a customer in a similar situation (legacy 'variety HD' + moviies subscription) removed their moviies sub only to find that sky's system wouldn't allow it & so were consequently transferred to the current equivalent package, thus losing the F1 channel.

That scenario did occur relatively often for a year or so after sky's package changes, however sky staff should really know the score by now.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      My two penneth:

As above - what lettice said but be very, vey careful.

I do recall a post on an other forum whereby a customer in a similar situation (legacy 'variety HD' + moviies subscription) removed their moviies sub only to find that sky's system wouldn't allow it & so were consequently transferred to the current equivalent package, thus losing the F1 channel.

That scenario did occur relatively often for a year or so after sky's package changes, however sky staff should really know the score by now.
      That would be an advisor error in not checking if they use F1HD. Or the customer saying the don't watch it.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

B J
      B J is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exchange Too Far----- street cab 80 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Is there a extra charge for the F1 channel on any of the packages.
      His name was nut, Mr P Nut.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by B J View Post
      Is there a extra charge for the F1 channel on any of the packages.
      The F1 channel is included in the sports pack now so subscribing to sports is the only way to get it.

Customers still subscribing to the old separate 11.25 HD pack get it for free, as that was the case when the F1 channel first launched.

B J
      B J is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exchange Too Far----- street cab 80 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      The F1 channel is included in the sports pack now so subscribing to sports is the only way to get it.

Customers still subscribing to the old separate 11.25 HD pack get it for free, as that was the case when the F1 channel first launched.
      Ok thanks for that, i was thinking the sports hd pack would cost more if the F1 channel was included and thought we don't watch the F1 channel anyway.
      His name was nut, Mr P Nut.