Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How to get 2 Sky+ HD boxes working with magic eye

This is a discussion on How to get 2 Sky+ HD boxes working with magic eye within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi I currently have a Sky+ HD box and an old standard SD Sky box both pumped round the house ...

walshy365 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

How to get 2 Sky+ HD boxes working with magic eye

Hi

I currently have a Sky+ HD box and an old standard SD Sky box both pumped round the house to multiple TVs using an amplifier in the loft and magic eyes for the remote signals. As they are different boxes the remotes know which box to control.

The SD box is on its last legs but Sky have told me that all the new boxes run on the same remote frequency so the magic eyes wouldnt know which box to control - thus rendering our existing setup incompatible.

I've seen a few mentions online of something that can tell the magic eyes which box to control with the remote and wondered if anyone could help me out in plain English, before I accept a new box from Sky that doesnt work with our syste.

Thanks
      walshy365

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: How to get 2 Sky+ HD boxes working with magic eye

Hi walshy365.

I presume the 'mentions online' refer to this product?
      skyeye

Thanks

Thanks gymno, the Power Pass version seems to work with the amp setup, appreciate your help.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

It's perhaps worth mentioning that the latest sky boxes (suffix W and/or WL) no longer have RF coax ports on the rear panel.

Instead, sky offer THIS I/O link to provide 1 RF input & 1 RF output.
      Other similar non-sky products do provide 2 outputs.

Personally, i can't vouch for compatibility between the skyeye & any I/O link because i don't know anyone using that set-up.
      What i do know from reading sky forums is that several people have experienced issues regarding insufficient RF power output when using the I/O link in conjunction with a loft mounted distribution device.

Other skyuser forum members are infinitely more knowledgeable than me on this subject.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I guess if I connect the Sky Eye to the Sky HD box that does still have the RF output then this should be ok.

Until il that box needs replacing...

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      It's perhaps worth mentioning that the latest sky boxes (suffix W and/or WL) no longer have RF coax ports on the rear panel.

Instead, sky offer THIS I/O link to provide 1 RF input & 1 RF output.
      Other similar non-sky products do provide 2 outputs.

Personally, i can't vouch for compatibility between the skyeye & any I/O link because i don't know anyone using that set-up.
      What i do know from reading sky forums is that several people have experienced issues regarding insufficient RF power output when using the I/O link in conjunction with a loft mounted distribution device.

Other skyuser forum members are infinitely more knowledgeable than me on this subject.