Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree3Likes
    • 2 Post By lettice
    • 1 Post By taylormuk

Great service

This is a discussion on Great service within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Just rang Sky for the yearly package renegotiation. Got straight through, spoke to a lovely friendly lady in Scotland. It ...

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Great service

Just rang Sky for the yearly package renegotiation.
      Got straight through, spoke to a lovely friendly lady in Scotland.
      It was a pleasure to chat with her.

No quips, they did me a great deal, as a two year discount was coming to an end in July and of course the price rise comes into effect this month.
      Got another years discount offer (along with the Beckham free broadband offer that continues for another year), so still continuing with my same rate of other discount and it removes the recent price rise.
      Also, the way it works, the price is lower still for the next two months, as both discounts are in effect.
      Call ended with the words, 'ring up and we will do you another great deal next year'

I did, not that I would move, do a VM comparison, that would have added 35 a month and also BT would have added 45 (its their sky equivalent sports and i would have to buy a nowtv sub to watch sky atlantic). I would also on that lose a few of the sky extras which I love too. That was also with their new user discounts. No brainer really.
      speedyrite and seawright like this.

2. Advertisement
      taylormuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCROC
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: HomeHub 5
      Sky TV: Sky Q & 4 minis
      Thanks

Re: Great service

I got precisely the opposite. Been a subscriber for (must be) 20 years. Always full package and sports (various flutters with HD and multiroom) and for the last two years movies as well. Up to a year ago I also had Sky Talk and 38Mb fibre. Generally paying full price, never in arrears, only a few callouts in the entire time. Recent increases raised my cost to over 70 per month - that was the straw that broke the camels back.

Last week I called to cancel all and just leave the basic Sky package at 20 per month (can't get cable and terrestrial is almost non-existent here). No offers available from Sky, no nothing, pitiful service to long-time customers.
      Meteosat likes this.