Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connections Fine But Getting Message Saying "No Signal" Or "Cables Not Connected"?

This is a discussion on Connections Fine But Getting Message Saying "No Signal" Or "Cables Not Connected"? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi All, Samsung PS51E6500 Plasma TV Onkyo TX-NR818 AV Amp Sky+HD Box DRX-890W. I was watching TV on my Sky+HD ...

Bazzie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Connections Fine But Getting Message Saying "No Signal" Or "Cables Not Connected"?

Hi All,

Samsung PS51E6500 Plasma TV
      Onkyo TX-NR818 AV Amp
      Sky+HD Box DRX-890W.

I was watching TV on my Sky+HD box when all of a sudden the screen went a light purple. No inputs on the remote respond & it was recording a programme at the time.

I switched the TV & AV Receiver off & after a while restarted. Got an on screen message saying

"No Cable Connected"
      "(1) No Cable Connected - Check Cable Connections & settings on your source device'"
      "(2) Press Source on your remote control to select the connected source device."

If I select CBL/Sat on my AV Remote which is connected to Sky, I get no picture & no sound. If I select STB/DVR on AV Remote which is connected to a Freeview HD STB, I get sound but no picture.

On both instances, the On Screen "No Signal" message shows. I have tried changing to all HDMI inputs on TV but the issue still remains. I cannot access anything menu on Sky at all. Can anyone please kindly help me out here & tell me why this is happening & how to rectify it?

Many Kind Thanks,
      Bazzie!

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Connections Fine But Getting Message Saying "No Signal" Or "Cables Not Connected"?

Hi Again,

I disconnected both the Sky+HD Box & FreeviewHD Box HDMI Cables from My AV Receiver. I connected up the FVHD Box directly to the TV via HDMI Cable & got both Picture & Sound an all HDMI inputs.

I also did the same with the Sky+HD Box - connected directly to the TV via a HDMI Cable but all I get is the same light purple screen as I did when it was connected via the AV Receiver to the TV.

No idea what or why this is happening!

Bazzie!

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connections Fine But Getting Message Saying "No Signal" Or "Cables Not Connected"?

Hi, You say you have switched off?? Have you actually pulled the Sky box mains plug out of the wall and left it for a few minutes?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      Hi, You say you have switched off?? Have you actually pulled the Sky box mains plug out of the wall and left it for a few minutes?

Hi,

After getting fed up with trying, I eventually did unplug everything & went to bed. I reconnected this afternoon & am glad to say that I am no longer getting the "No Cables Connected/No Signal" message on screen & Sky is working again.

Having said that, it seems another issue has now popped up - When watching Sky now, there is a deep blue tint to the picture across all channels - very prominent when going to planner - it is alike a deep, searing blue. When I switch over to the Freeview HD STB, the picture is normal. What might be causing this & how to rectify?

Only thing I can assume as a novice, is that Sky did some kind of update which knocked my system out for a while & when it finished, it has messed up the colour settings?

Bazzie!

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It's not unusual for Sky box's to crash very occasionally, a power cycle i.e. off and then on again usually does the trick �� not too sure about the blue tinge though, are you sure you plugged the Sky box back in the same HDMI socket? Some TV's have separate colour and brightness settings for each input, so if you move between HDMI sockets your picture settings may change and need adjusting.