Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Series 'unlinking' not working

This is a discussion on Series 'unlinking' not working within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; At one time I had a drama series series linked, some time ago. Now with smart series link the new ...

Dexter17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01292
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Series 'unlinking' not working

At one time I had a drama series series linked, some time ago. Now with smart series link the new series has started appearing in my planner. I don't want to watch the new series of this programme, but highlighting and pressing the green button to 'unseries-link' it (as you normally do) is not working. Pressing the green button does nothing at all, so I have been deleting the programme to stop the recording, but the next episode pops up in the planner the next week. And again, pressing the green button does nothing.

Not a big deal, but I am concerned that it screws up things when I am away, for example, and come back to discover this unwanted programme has caused something I really wanted to fail/clash.

Does anyone know what works to solve this problem? Thanks very much.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Series 'unlinking' not working

You can try a Planner rebuild after cleaning out the Deleted programs folder. Also a complete shut down and restart of the box may help.

Planner rebuild Services button, press 001, then Select, then 7, Select again twice.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

jrfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rushden
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hmm...I'm starting to see series links appearing for repeat showings of shows I already watched.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by jrfer
      Hmm...I'm starting to see series links appearing for repeat showings of shows I already watched.
      Reading elsewhere, an increasing amount of people are.

For me, this kind of behaviour started last september immediately after the first incarnation of firmware version R010.
      That's the one that introduced 'smart' series link.
      After a few rocky weeks where i came to the conclusion that it's buggy & really not smart at all, things did generally calm down although i do still have the odd 'dumb' series link issue.

What i find strange is that many people like yourself appear to be experiencing this ssl problem for the first time recently, whereas the incident count for me is still very low.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Actually i just remembered.

A beta tester (so should know) did recently state on another forum that ssl is on a phased roll-out.

If true, they can't be referring to sky boxes so perhaps it's certain channels or programmes that are gradually getting the dumb series link treatment?

jrfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rushden
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Tnanks for the info.

I thought it was my box playing up as recently I lost the video to a blue screen just a week or so after doing a rebuild. Another rebuild fixed it only for it to spontaneously reboot itself a few days later. Then this solitary rogue series link appears.

It seems OK ATM. Guess I will have see how it goes.

Annie UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWFEL
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: TP-Link Archer C7
      Thanks

The features are being phased in, but "S"SL is still borked.
      Annie 🦋..........
      My Sky+HD FAQ
      (now with more questions)
      My Sky hardware and setup

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter17 View Post
      At one time I had a drama series series linked, some time ago. Now with smart series link the new series has started appearing in my planner. I don't want to watch the new series of this programme, but highlighting and pressing the green button to 'unseries-link' it (as you normally do) is not working. Pressing the green button does nothing at all, so I have been deleting the programme to stop the recording, but the next episode pops up in the planner the next week. And again, pressing the green button does nothing.

Not a big deal, but I am concerned that it screws up things when I am away, for example, and come back to discover this unwanted programme has caused something I really wanted to fail/clash.

Does anyone know what works to solve this problem? Thanks very much.
      This is addressed with the latest firmware update that is now rolling out.

In the new tab 'Scheduled' are all the SSL links. Simply deleted the series you no longer want to watch from here.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.